·

Re: Peugeot 531 Pro 57cm

Can you give me the top-tube length, head-tube and stand-over, please?
Cheers

I could actually collect this Friday, during the day? If that's conducive, and the measurements are good.

Dang, that top-tube length seems too long. If the seat-tube is 57 cm centre to top, this implies that the seat-tube centre to centre would be about 56 cm, so this bike has a longer top-tube than a set-tube - quite a reach.
May I ask how tall you are?

[Edit: The seller has since edited their message. Initially, they provided a top-tube measurement of something like 53 cm. I then requested a measurement centre-to-centre, which came out at 57.something or another.]

I wasn't suggesting that there was anything unusual about it, just that it might not be appropriate with regard to my physical dimensions. As I have informed you, I'm not local to you, so a commitment to buy this bike would constitute both a physical and financial commitment on my part. The bike looks good, but to advertise it here (as well as on Gumtree) invites scrutiny.
Moreover, the fact that you've just upped the price by £100, without any justification, begs it further. And the less said about your reluctance to provide an image of the underside of the bottom bracket, on the basis that you were concerned about divulging "serial numbers", the better.

Yeah, it was on for £300 and then at some point last night they changed it to £400. Did it to their Gumtree listing too.

It's also worth pointing out that the seller refused to provide a picture of the underside of the bottom bracket because they were "not sure (though) that the serial number should not be confidential."

Back