WANTED - Pannier Rack - Alternative Mountings

Wylie

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi. Looking for a pannier rack for a 98 Stumpy Hardtail. As the frame does not allow native mounting, I'm looking for something like seat tube and seat stay clamp mounted or similar. :D

Jan Marten":1lwfpi10 said:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/174015888212
Sadly my frame doesn't have the mounting bolts on the seat stay so that wont work. I :cry:

hamster":1lwfpi10 said:
I've got a seatpost mount rack you can have for postage.
Does it clamp to the seat stays also?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Have a seat tube version,topeak beam if you want to look up, in the meantime I will look them out and send some pics. let me know if it not what you want then that will save me the challenge of search/locate

This one is a beam rack that attaches only to the seatpost.

Alternatively you can always use a standard rack with P-clips to fit on a hardtail.

Should work. There's nothing special about the rack being level - what's most important is that your hells don't clip the front of the panniers. If you have to cant the rack back a little so be it.

hamster":1yfcvrva said:
Should work. There's nothing special about the rack being level - what's most important is that your hells don't clip the front of the panniers. If you have to cant the rack back a little so be it.
Great stuff hammy, thx man :D

Latest posts

Back