KONA PROJECT 2 FORKS "A" HEAD ***SORTED***

Ernie

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
As title states..axle to crown 410mm, steerer 200mm or longer..the scruffier/battered the better :LOL:

Thanks

Ernie ;)

Re:

I am also after a pair of the exact same... After Ernie has been sorted out of course.

Sorry Ernie, hope you don't mind me piggybacking on your post?!

Re: Re:

thefunkymunki":2bono0lf said:
I am also after a pair of the exact same... After Ernie has been sorted out of course.

Sorry Ernie, hope you don't mind me piggybacking on your post?!
No probs bud.. Havnt seen some for a long time.. A pair are pn evilbay but looking at them they are 700c

Ernie

Re: KONA PROJECT 2 FORKS "A" HEAD

mate, you start one M:i after the other - first the Stars n Bars (OK sorted by 2 :D ) then the buttersotch / natural SNIFF tyre and now a DB or TP Kona P2 from 97 :LOL:

I was also looking for one for my girls 97 Lava Dome, but failed so far. In the end I used a P2 from 96 with threaded steerer.

In 97 most of Kona range had been equipped with sus forks. The bikes with P2's from stock had been modified later one with sus forks and the P2 thrown away, maybe.

That could been the reason why more threaded steerer P2 are on the marked then A-head ones.

btw. it should fit the 97 Hot, or am I wrong ?

Not easy to part with so will warn they will be £100... Yes they are TB's.

dablk":pdvx1wow said:
Not easy to part with so will warn they will be £100... Yes they are TB's.

Morning mate..thanks for the reply..managed to find a threaded set on here with a velocity stem..I have two already on other builds ..i knew in the back of my mind i might have "change direction"

thanks again mate :cool:

Ernie ;)

magas":24qn0bu5 said:
mate, you start one M:i after the other - first the Stars n Bars (OK sorted by 2 :D ) then the buttersotch / natural SNIFF tyre and now a DB or TP Kona P2 from 97 :LOL:

I was also looking for one for my girls 97 Lava Dome, but failed so far. In the end I used a P2 from 96 with threaded steerer.

In 97 most of Kona range had been equipped with sus forks. The bikes with P2's from stock had been modified later one with sus forks and the P2 thrown away, maybe.

That could been the reason why more threaded steerer P2 are on the marked then A-head ones.

btw. it should fit the 97 Hot, or am I wrong ?

Morning Martin..
Decided to go with threaded and velocity stem..as you say there is more of them available, hope all is well in the "Austrian " contingent :cool:

Take care my friend

Ernie ;)

Back