Wanted. Full Suspension Frame

merlinbykes

Retro Guru
As above, looking for a small Full Suspension frame.

Needs to be 4" - 5" of travel

And a 14" or 15" (c-t) frame at the most.

Money waiting, what you got!

Focus Thunder with RockShox Monarch RT3 in XS size bought new in August 2011 and not used since autumn 2013 and only used on an irregular basis in between. Any good to you? It's 130mm and designed for 140mm taper front.

Would be looking for £400 posted to UK for it. Quite a lot of that is the postage.

Hope do an adapter.... I ran a 1 1/8 RC41 in it.

But you'd still need a taper headset. It's also IS tabs and normal rear QR so will work with slightly older kit.

With a pair of Halo H-Block tyres and a 130mm Sektor fork fitted, standover Slopes from 90 cm at stem down to 71 at seatpost. "Gonads Danger Zone" in the middle is about 76-8. So add a little for wider tyres and 140 fork.

Pic of it built up here:
https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hph ... 0351_o.jpg

it's 40cm c/t and as you can see from stem length really slightly too small for my 1m70. Rides great but I just don't see myself getting anywhere where I need a fully over the next couple of years. You might recognise most of the parts as they are now on the Cotic I have in the readers wives 98+ section.

I was going to replace it with a Focus SAM but after testriding I found that the Thunder rides far nicer

Re:

Hi thanks for that, unfortunately I need the standover to be less than 700, 690 and under would be sweet!

Anyone else?

Re:

There won't be much available smaller than this.

The one I have was discontinued in that size in 2010 and it's a size XS. So you'd be looking for something along the lines of an XXS if you need such a small standover and so much travel.

There's obviously stuff out there but be prepared for a wait before something comes up.

Giant ATX 950?

photo5.jpg

Back