Reynolds attack campag freehub body.

krankers

Senior Retro Guru
Have just bought a set of reynolds attack wheels, curently fitted with an 8/9/10 speed shimano freehub, which I want to replace with a campag version. It is for the Reynolds branded kt hubs as they also used DT swiss at some point.

Get in touch if you have one, thanks.

I have a spare Campag freehub body for some aftermarket wheelset. I can measure up if it looks like it would fit yours. Say £7 posted?

Thanks but I think freehubs are quite specific. Could be wrong though, will try to find a picture of one.

Just taken the freehub off and it is this type albeit shimano.

attack_zpshkm2vxmi.jpg

Re:

You need to know the year as Reynolds also (mainly) used White Industries hubs for a fair long while, before making their own. A pic of the hub may help, has it adjustable bearings or the self adjusting type? I have a Campag one on a set of Stratus Pro that would glady swap for a shimano if it fits.

You want to swap over? Often find it's easier to buy another cassette.

Don't know the year of mine but took the freehub off yesterday and it is exactly like the above but with shimano splines. The wheel itself has cartridge bearings, 2 in the hub shell and 1 in the freehub as shown. Not sure about the stratus pro wheels but a quick bit of googling reveals it may use the same type. I imagine if it looks like the above, it will work.

It is quite confusing though as I have seen mention of kits with a different axle for campag, and then pictures showing the freehub body with a different end cap. I may have to try and contact Reynolds for clarification.

Re:

Looking at the image, that's pretty unusual, as the ratchet is usually inside the hub and the pawls are on the cassette body. If I get chance, I'll have a look at mine.
Thanks Philip

Yeah this sort was used on several Reynolds wheels. I have spoken to a person who has done the swap, and a UK reynolds distributor now and I know what I need. Going from shimano 10 speed to campag 10 speed is a straight swap. I would only need the different end cap if going to 11 speed.

Unfortunately my shimano freehub has been a bit chewed by the cassette so wouldn't be worth swapping. A problem you don't get with campag due to the much deeper splines.

Back