Dura Ace 8sp components or groupset

IanS62

Retro Guru
Evening folks...

As above, I'm looking for parts or a complete groupset. 8 speed, with down tube shifters, not STI's. Dual pivot calipers, hubs or complete wheels if they're in good shape. I'm looking to rebuild the girlfriend's bike as a surprise; the frame is to be repainted etc, so I'll be wanting stuff in very good condition.

Let me know what you have, peeps.

Cheers

Ian

Hi,

What a lucky girl she is ;-).

I've got it all, also with a choice of clincher or tubular wheels, in very good condition - the only issue is that it is all attached to an equally nice TVT92 carbon frameset and I'm not really too hot on breaking it. Would a whole new bike do it for her? :D

Or would 600 Tricolore be of your interest perhaps?

Re:

Hi Nic,

That's a nice thought thanks, I've seen the TVT (and it's very nice), but her baby is a custom Paconi 531 crit frame she had made in Melbourne back in 1990, and so that's the one it has to be. She also has an Australian Technicomps 6000 alu frame (I've never seen another one, it's really lovely) with 600 tri throughout, so that's a thanks but no thanks. If you decide to split the TVT I'd be very interested, with the clincher rims (can't be arsed with tubs at my age!)

Cheers

Ian

Re:

I have 7700 front and rear mechs and 9 speed downtube shifters along with a 9 speed Ultegra cassette, so you could upgrade to 9 speed, still with DT shifters, shifters and Frint mech and cassette have been fitted, not used, rear mech has been used but very good.
I also have a set of polished Dual pull calipers, bit lighter than D/ace, but not Dura ace, although look very similar and work well, Pm me if you are interested

Back