WTB : Mavic 430 SSC brakes

nedlands

Dirt Disciple
Looking for Mavic 430 SSC brakes including levers. These are the original Modolo brakes in dark grey/black.
I have a UK shipping address.

Hi there,

I'm not aware of the 430 SSC brake set, but here is a link to a NOS 440 SSC brake set (also produced by Modolo) from the US, selling for $499 USD (plus shipping costs)...not cheap!! Not much help to you, I'm guessing? Sorry!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NOS-Mavic-440 ... SwUdlWgakA

Best of luck with your search, my friend...Matt.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Those are the newer version. The 430 is the original Modolo Master Pro style as used by the KAS team in the late '80s

They are rare now, I got a set with titanium fittings some years ago and haven't seen any since. At a push get some Modolo units and have re anodised in the forrect shade and use letraset for the decals, it would probably still work out cheaper than Mavic ones unless your lucky. The cable adjusters are also slightly different on the Modolo units but new ones could be made with the right skills.

Re:

They were rare back in the day but I can't believe that they all disappeared. We must have sold at leastb5bsets from our shop back in 88/89. I'm sure there must be some hiding away in garages and garden sheds all over the UK

There must be tonnes of stuff hiding away for a rainy day/next build but it's the ones who collect them just for the sake of having complete collections of every issue, that I find frustrating.

I couldn't agree more...while people have the right to do whatever they like with their money, it's crazy how many 'wall art' bikes wealthy guys have within either their offices or 'man caves' nowadays, when these things were designed & manufactured to be RIDDEN, no matter how aesthetically ornate they may be...

The only groupset that I agree with being used as part of a 'wall art' project is the otherwise pretty useless Mavic ZAP group!!

And without wishing to sound morbid, if that person suddenly dies & no other family member knows what the Hell the parts are, God only knows where they end up?

lavielemond":h931blk7 said:
And without wishing to sound morbid, if that person suddenly dies & no other family member knows what the Hell the parts are, God only knows where they end up?

The brightside is that parts can be sold by a family for less than market value :D

The main concern of collectors is that their wifes and other families' members will sell out their treasures for what they were paid.

Re: Re:

nedlands":2uzi0jn2 said:
They were rare back in the day but I can't believe that they all disappeared. We must have sold at leastb5bsets from our shop back in 88/89. I'm sure there must be some hiding away in garages and garden sheds all over the UK

Beside creating new threads you should also search in the existing threads. Few days ago I bought Mavic 430 levers from retrobike forum member. His thread was created in ... 2013. I was lucky to hear levers are still available.

some will re-appear from time to time, patience is key. mavic 310 headset spanners were either not about or stupid prices, then a few months ago there was about 6 pairs on ebay and a set was bought for £32, when before a single spanner was offered at £125.

Back