Wanted: 1960's racing bike

Pearce

Retro Newbie
Wanted, no later than 1964 racing bike, 54-56cm seat tube. Must be in rideable condition, don't mind a bit of wear and tear but I don't want to be replacing parts immediately to get it running.
Specifically want no later than 1964 to replicate a ride from 52 years ago, and don't want anything earlier than late 50's.
I don't need the bike immediately, maybe you're thinking of selling in a few months or working on a project that will be finished in a few months, I'd be keen to hear from you.

Let me know what you have, thanks.

I have a rotrax in size 54 cm I have removed some parts recently but can rebuild with campagnolo as per the era. pm if you are interested

hurin76":3mjr5n94 said:
I have a rotrax in size 54 cm I have removed some parts recently but can rebuild with campagnolo as per the era. pm if you are interested

Thanks, PM sent.

I have a 1963 Freddie Grubb (so Holdsworth) That has been part built up and can be finished to your spec.
currently the frame and forks have been repainted in olive and cream, Campagnolo record L/F hubs. 700 sprint rims with Vittoria Tubs, Campagnolo Gran Sport Rear mech, Campagnolo band on shifters, Campagnolo Seatpin NOS, new Brooks honey B17, 1st Gen Weinmann Brakes, GB Stem and Bars, Brooks Bar tape. No bottom bracket or chainset.
Some of my work here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=329737&start=20

mail me if interested stephenwheeler at NTLworld dot com

Steve

stevevw":1pj6cuhq said:
I have a 1963 Freddie Grubb (so Holdsworth) That has been part built up and can be finished to your spec.
currently the frame and forks have been repainted in olive and cream, Campagnolo record L/F hubs. 700 sprint rims with Vittoria Tubs, Campagnolo Gran Sport Rear mech, Campagnolo band on shifters, Campagnolo Seatpin NOS, new Brooks honey B17, 1st Gen Weinmann Brakes, GB Stem and Bars, Brooks Bar tape. No bottom bracket or chainset.
Some of my work here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=329737&start=20

mail me if interested stephenwheeler at NTLworld dot com

Steve

Thanks, have emailed you

Back