Campagnolo 8 speed index gear or bust ergoshifter

nimbus

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Looking to 'retrograde' some 9/10 speed Ergoshifters to 8 speed, for which I need the index gear and ratchet ring, or a donor (broken) right hand Ergoshifter.

Anyone?

It's usually the ratchet that breaks on these so you may struggle to find a broken one without this issue. Wouldn't it be easier to simply swap out your 9/10's for a complete set of 8sp Ergos, they're usually cheaper on eBay. Alternatively you could send them to me and I'll send you an 8sp set :)

If I wanted to fit 8 speed ergos, I would; what I'm after is 8 speed shifting with the 2nd generation units (of which I don't yet own a set).

And when I say bust, I mean crash damaged. I have such a pair of 8 speed ergos (alloy body broken in two but working internals) but have already used the index gear and ratchet ring to convert some 'pointy' Athena 9 speeds to 8 (for your old fluted Cromor frame, as it happens). If something inside is kaput it's usually wear to the 'G' springs, although I've found these can be resuscitated by judicious bending.

There must be hundreds (thousands) of unwanted 8 speed ratchet gears from folk who have upgraded to 9 speed in the past. Stupidly, I'll probably end up buying both 8 AND 9 speed ergos to make one logical combination (which I'll sell) and one illogical one (for me).

Latest posts

Back