WTD Mavic Ksyrium SL SSC Rims 2002 Model! New/Used...any!

Gregorio

Old School Hero
Feedback
View
Hello,

I recently got knocked off my bike and in the carnage that followed my wheels were written off...

So I buy some cheap second hand Mavic Ksyriums at what I thought was a bargain price even in light of the rim wear only to discover after I bought them that they don't make replacement rims for them any more.... Sneaky sneaky seller.

Does anyone have any spare rims kicking about? Total long shot I know but hey you never know. I suspect I've been flogged a dead donkey though.

Cheers,

Gregor

I was getting the same answer from my LBS. My mate works for the company who owns Mavic - he checked with the Mavic guys themselves and got the same answer - they only provide product support for 5 years.

Kysrium Rim

I have a Kysrium Elite wheel of around that vintage that I snapped one of the straight pull spoke hub mounts off, so the hub is a write off but the spokes and rim are ok.

Depends how many holes you need, it's the sort of rim with no holes where the conventional rim tape would fit and some sort of screw in internal nipple.

Any use ?

Sadly, Ksyrium SSC and Elite rims aren't interchangeable due to the spoke and nipple design - the Elite has a steel spoke whereas the SSC has a bit fat alloy spoke and unique nipple arrangement which is held captive in the rim. Don't you just love built-in obsolescence!

Back