Another daft question.

Meejoir

Retro Guru
Right then. There's probably something really obvious I'm not doing here but...you know the little plastic cable guide that sits under the bottom bracket? How does it stay in place? The one I bought has no screw or plastic widget thing to hold it in place and the hole under the bottom bracket seems quite large anyway. Would a dab of super glue suffice?

As you say, usually a small screw, or the plastic clip thing.
Try a self-tapping screw or tec-bolt.

Re:

I've got loads of them somewhere, new, the whole thing with fixing screws in packets, if you're struggling let me know and I'll pop one in the post for you.

Re: Re:

LikeClockwork":1kccmtdi said:
I've got loads of them somewhere, new, the whole thing with fixing screws in packets, if you're struggling let me know and I'll pop one in the post for you.
I think I'm after one of these for a frame I bought that had one missing. I need to get it powder coated but after that one could come in handy. If you have any spare, drop me a PM and I'll happily take one off your hands.

Cheers.

Re:

Thanks for the advice guys. Very kind of you Mr Clockwork, I've got the plastic guide bit so I'll have a rummage 'round my man cave tomorrow to see what's lurking. I may well take you up on your offer though.

Re: Re:

Meejoir":y3bhg1bb said:
Thanks for the advice guys. Very kind of you Mr Clockwork.

Just letting you know it's Miss not Mr which obviously mean's that you've not spoken to LikeClockwork before which is rather unusual as she is rather an active member on the forum ..

Re:

Ha ha!! :LOL:

Take no notice Meejoir, they're cheeky buggers. Let me know by PM if you need one of the cable guides.
And what THM says is probably true..... :facepalm:

Latest posts

Back