Lixada Titanium Quick Releases

sam_white

Diamond Back Fan
Has anyone tried these? Can be found for less than £6 on eBay.

I'd buy a set to try, but can't figure out how you'd tighten them ...

Attachments

• $_57.jpg
    $_57.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 899
I use similar, two different brands but the skewer itself is one piece Ti, basically a very long bolt, part 1 will have recess to fit 5 mm allen key. It looks like this may be alloy so would be more susceptible to rounding, although id be surprised if it was as i dont see how the Ti skewer would be fitted into the alloy part securely.

£6 is throway money so press the BIN button.

I mentioned two brands, first lot i bought had a slightly larger hex recess so i ground down 5.5 mm allen key to fit as a loosely fitting allen key is a sure way to round off the hex recess.

Re:

For £6 you might as well buy some to try anyway!

They also do the more "normal" design of Ti axles quick release skewers for under £7, all it says is "package weight 71g" for the 2 skewers, which seems pretty light, comparable to other Ti skewers costing a lot more.
Dispatched from the UK by the looks of it.

If they did them in purple I'd be interested!

I've ordered a blue set for the princely sum of £5.79, posted from China - there is a discount on. From the following link if anyone else is interested:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LIXADA-2Pcs-Q ... DeutZxxTAQ

Got to keep my fingers crossed that they actually turn up!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Oh I particularly wanted the allen key type as these are going on the city bike - should be years of rust free use in them ...

So these arrived yesterday, looked ok in the packet.

On fitting, noticed that the blue colour is a rubbish match to my other bits.
The titanium axles are also too long, so 5/6mm sticks out past the end of the locknuts.
To top it all off, tightening requires a 4mm allen key in a very shallow recess on the 'lixada' logo end. This is really soft and a bad fit, I've already rounded one off.

TL:DR - Don't bother.

Hmmmm not good..... and one to avoid.

I think better ones are the J&L branding, but a bit dearer.

Re:

I've got these on all three of my bicycles and haven't had any problems with them: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/bran ... 000431c5bd

You may find that the axle sticks out a little on steel frames with slender drop-outs, on aluminium frames with chunkier drop-outs they will be fine. You could always saw off the excess if it bothers you, I haven't bothered.

I've seen the super cheap QRs on ebay and wondered what the catch is... I'd like some with a lever, not the "secure" type with an allen key fitting, but I'm not sure I can bring myself to trust a set of QRs that costs so little :shock:

Re:

I've used the cheapo eBay quick releases in the past (still have a purple set somewhere) and they've been ok. You often get the "cam" part of them made of plastic whereas a decent brand would be all alloy, so that can wear or just plain turn to mush.
I guess sometimes you really do get what you pay for (excluding the eBay Chinese LED lights which have been fantastic! :) ).

Back