replacement advice on new specialized tyre

kalex

Retro Guru
I bought a new specialized mtb before xmas and it came with a specialized butcher control tyre 2bliss or whatever there word is for tubeless ready. I haven't used the bike except for going down my road yesterday as I'm trying to get the tyre to seal.

It's now had nearly 160 ml of stans solution swished about in it in total and it's still leaking through the side walls. ( The rear ground control is sealed ok )

You can't hear the air coming out and is slow to go down. So i've just placed the wheel in a water tub and you can see small air bubbles everywhere. I wipe them away and they re appear straightaway. I've had it on its side etc before all of this.

I have Googled and others have had this problem and say the quality can vary and specialized are very good at tyre returns.

My problem is that I bought this bike online from a shop about 250 miles away. Where do I stand with asking for a replacement and can I return this to my local specialized dealer

Re:

To be honest I'd probably just give it some time. Mine did this but after a couple of rides and a couple of weeks they were fine.

Re:

I had the wheel on its side all yesterday giving it a turn and swill around every half hour. I did both sides and it's still bubbling when in water.

I will try it after a few rides

distance selling regulations and the 2015 Consumer rights act give you plnety of scope for a replacement if it leaks that much.

legrandefromage":2w7d8p2p said:
distance selling regulations and the 2015 Consumer rights act give you plnety of scope for a replacement if it leaks that much.

I was just wondering if it needed to go back to original place of purchase or if it could be dealt with at a local specialized dealer were I could actually just pop in.

Tbh it isn't that bad now after loads of stans but it's still going down very slowly and more than I'd like.

I'd be pee'd off if I did have a replacement and it turned out to be just as bad as the stans solution is being wasted each time.

If it was the rear I'd most probably wait till it wears down a little and get a different make but with it being a front mine tend to last yonks

legrandefromage":1qpbvsgy said:
No, I've never used thorns on a bicycle.

I don't either but I always end up with half a dozen stuck in my inner tube after a ride. Hence why I'm trying tubeless.

Re:

Bring the offending wheel indoors , tis a tad chilly and the stans doesn't dry out if in the garage (found this a couple of years ago , once it's skinned over you should be fine , I run spesh tyres tubeless and love em , did return a set of sworks GC's though due to sidewall problems 6 months old with no issues whatsoever (don't use sworks ones btw as they fall apart )

Back