Rock Shox Judy XC/'98 SID Dilemma

MikeDempster

Retro Newbie
Hi all

I am in the process of trying to get my old Rocky Mountain Vertex T.O, race bike up and running again but keep running into a problem.

It has original Rock Shox SID forks on it but the air seals have blown on them, I also have a set of Judy SL forks that have a different steerer size.

I was wondering if any of you would know the following....

1. Is there anywhere to get replacement seals for the SID'd (rock shox have discontinued them?
2. If the above is a no is there any way to replace the air springs with coils?
3. Is it possible to transfer the internals etc out of the Judy's into the SID's?

Sorry for the multitude of questions, and thanks in advance!!

Michael

I think you can swap the internals over. As for seal kits, I have one but need it for my own sids (well some of them, mine hold air fine but they may not one day). Mine came from eBay. I may have a partial kit kicking about, I'll have a look, you could try tf tuned to see if they have anything.

Re:

Awesome, thanks for that, I am sure I remembered guys swapping judy internals into SIDS because of the reliability issues but RockShox said it couldn't be done!

Re:

There are at least two people/compsanies listing on ebay claiming to service forks, maybe worth sending a mail.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back