Tripple Chainring Spacing Issue.

Wylie

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
What the feck have i done wrong... :?

ChainringSpacing_zpsacb6e930.jpg

...the distance between the centers of the Outer & Middle is a healthy 7mm 'ish, but between the Middle & Granny Ring its around 3.5mm :shock:

I tried my LBS to see if they had any spacers & some longer granny bolts. but they didn't have anything suitable and told me that they had never seen that kind of situation ever before :shock: :shock:

I know the Granny looks like it could be on the wrong way & i did try reversing it, with a gain of perhaps 1mm in the right direction :roll: ...but still very unusable.

Any help would be most gratefully appreciated
Thumbup.gif

Re:

What chainset is it. On older cranks, not that if looks like me and older granny rings, they did fit the other way around.

What was on before

Re:

What chainset is it? and what granny ring?

Edit: Fluffychicken beat me to it :LOL:

Also, what's going on with that outer cable running under the bottom bracket? :?

Re:

what??!! just go 1x10 and hey presto! no hassles with those pesky unnecessary chainrings! :LOL:

Thanks guys. it is a RaceFace Diabolus Crankset with Blackspire Super Pro chainrings. The cable is how it's routed on my frame - 2004 Stumpjumper FSR. I've no idea what was on it before as i bought the frame & parts seperately and built it myself.

Re:

Have you done that think called reading the installation instructions?

They mention a removable installation spider for the granny. Which looks like a spacer ring. So yes you need some spacers like good old retro chainsets.

Re:

That what I think, that's what should have come with the crank according to the manual that's on raceface website I found when finding out ( I assume you have as there are all number of spacer and shimming things to look at for fitting.)
Though on Silverfish website there are two types and best to ask them. They're our importers.

Back