Travel adjust forks

trxrincon

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Hey, I'm thinking about buying some RockShox sektors or Revs, both forks have travel adjust from 150 to 120mm travel. My question is will running the forks at 120mm travel most of the time cause any harm at all? Cheers Rob

can't see why it should - they will wear more around the 120 mm mark as they compress and uncompress but that is all - you can always change the travel to move the wear onto another part of the stanchions.

it is good fun to change the travle once in a while to see if you can feel the difference!!?

Oh yeah, I wont leave them in 120, as I probably will have a bit daft play on the bike so will switch to 150mm then.... Now which do I go for Sektor RL or Revelation RL?

Not familiar with those.
My adjustables are rshox duke and i am happy enought with them.

Been using the coil dual position sektors for a few months and I'm very impressed. Includes a lot of riding on rocky black runs of n Wales. Low maintenance, great performance and fairly cheap - can't see why you'd pay more for the revs. I've used Fox, Magura and other RS forks and I reckon these are my faves.

Some review mentioned the Sektors were a bit flexy compared to other all mountain offerings but I haven't found them to be so and I'm 12.5 stone.

Back