Manitou Nixon Help. Sorted

keitht

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Purchased some 05 Nixons in a bit a rash move.

Although in good nik, they have little resistence.

They are the platinum IT version, now the lever is missing, so I cannot operate the function...will this affect my attempts to increase the air pressure.

I have looked on line and found the service manual, but little in the way of set up.

It does suggest an air pressure of 40-100psi in the SPV , and a starting point of 75% of weight in the air spring...% of llbs I assume.

Anyone got experience of this fork...and do i really need to buy/source the IT lever before I start trying anything else.

Cheers in advance

keith

Update.

Have pumped SPV to 70psi, and air spring to 165psi...and now I have about 50mm of soggy travel..as opposed to approx 135mm of soggy travel I had before...with approx 100psi in SPV and 80ish in tother.

Help..hope these aren't scrap..apparently TF won't service IT models.

K

If you get really stuck,send them down and I will sort them out for you ;)

At least I will have a looksie,they are a good and fairly plush fork when setup right,you will have to send your weight down etc. :oops:

marin man":129qxrir said:
If you get really stuck,send them down and I will sort them out for you ;)

At least I will have a looksie,they are a good and fairly plush fork when setup right,you will have to send your weight down etc. :oops:

Cheers Bud.

I may take you up on that, but for know I think it may have something to do with the IT and equalizing the pressure.

K

Back