Gt Xizang 1996 Furtado replica

Re:

I've been fortunate to see the real thing in Marin county and it's one of the few non-Kona bikes I'd love to ride; a real stunner!

Re:

That’s gorgeous :cool:

When I see these links come up I like to try and predict the price before opening...I guessed at £2.5k...I was wrong! :shock:

Bit surprised at the pedals not being 747’s!

Re: Re:

66 triumph daytona":3sjw3t2c said:
A stunner but the price is bonkers.Frame-1k,M950 group,finishing kit and forks 1k and a bit?

Totally agree. That could be built for 1500-2500 dependant on how lucky you are buying bits. It’s a lovely thing and if it was priced towards reality I may of been interested.

Re: Re:

d8mok":1pkgmz5f said:
66 triumph daytona":1pkgmz5f said:
A stunner but the price is bonkers.Frame-1k,M950 group,finishing kit and forks 1k and a bit?

Totally agree. That could be built for 1500-2500 dependant on how lucky you are buying bits. It’s a lovely thing and if it was priced towards reality I may of been interested.
Easier said than done, IMHO. You have to find a 16" Xizang first. I thought they were as rare as hen's teeth. How many were made? How often do they come up for sale? Do you know of one for sale, and if so, can you let me know about it? I'd love to own one, but not at this price.

Re:

If I see one for sale in either a 16 or a 18 you’ll be the second person to know.....

When they do come up they are around 7-800 for a frame.

Rest of kit can be donored off a couple of high spec bikes easily for a grand. Leaving a bit of cash for rare bits

Lovely bike but twice what it’s worth in my opinion.

Back