Outting this bad boy: '89 Fat w/ cook bros stem & cranks

GoldenEraMTB

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Probably not outting this to most of you, but found it funny it hasn't been posted yet....I wasn't going to post it either....but I don't think I can go for it, so I hope someone here gets it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=007

Cook bros dogbone stem/cranks/QR's; bullseye hubs; xt period correct vintage goodies...this one I suspect will go up there.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
If I could sell off a bunch of things before the end of this auction, I'd make a go at it...love it as well.

Gorgeous :cool:

Bit of topic but is it possible to calculate the age off the serial?? The seller is claiming '89 for that frame (731W0:cool: – my wicked is 396W08 which logic would suggest is earlier still. I thought mine was a 1990 but if in fact it's a late '80s frame I'd be even happier as I can stop my search for something '80s & cool

Crayons":i9cgjj19 said:
Gorgeous :cool:

Bit of topic but is it possible to calculate the age off the serial?? The seller is claiming '89 for that frame (731W0:cool: – my wicked is 396W08 which logic would suggest is earlier still. I thought mine was a 1990 but if in fact it's a late '80s frame I'd be even happier as I can stop my search for something '80s & cool

I've cracked my head a couple times over early Fat serial numbers, as there are quite a few variables...I have a bit of a mystery going with one of my fat right now- it's over in the readers rides forum. I'm going to have to take it up with fatcogs.

But your logic is sound, if his in fact is a 1989, it would only go to reason that yours if of the same year if not earlier. That's of course going by his word that his is a 1989. I believe Jeff at firstflight has a long list of fat serial numbers with corresponding years.

Latest posts

Back