orange71

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
respray job though :? Snowey??????????

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KONA-STEEL-MOUNTA ... dZViewItem

2456_1.JPG

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Aside from the fact that it is a Kona and it's a 1991 or possibly 92 size 16, I've no idea what this is.

If the picture shows a complete bike, that's supposed to be what is for sale. Here the text doesn't make it clear whether or not everything in the picture was for sale, or just the items mentioned. I guess it's more likely that the seller intended the latter, but a buyer could perfectly reasonably assume that the whole bike was for sale and the text was just highlighting certain aspects. eBay should cancel auctions like that really.

stew-b":3hndwycq said:
i dont think its a 91 or 92,its got a cable stop for the back brake brazed on...

and it's been resprayed so the stop was probably added then. The brazed-on seat clamp ties in to the '91 catalogue.

stew-b":1p7y5n0f said:
i dont think its a 91 or 92,its got a cable stop for the back brake brazed on...
Spoken from the heart! Just cos it's got a cable stop, doesn't mean it's as good as yours though, does it?

I have to admit it was actually the shape of the dropouts that told me it was 91/2 vintage. You stay cool man, you can leave the sadness to me.

Back