Koga-miyata Skyrunner Carbolite

Personally, I think it's rather expensive, although it looks in very good condition.
Frame looks similar (but not the same as) Giant Cadex, Liyang Carbon, Alan, Al Carter? All have similar carbon tube frames, unless I'm mistaken?

Nice looking bike though.

Re:

Yeah I did think the money side was a bit rich

The frames, I agree. I think specialized used the same type and British Eagle did like this one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/British-Eagle ... Sw9IpXzbyu

I might put in a cheeky offer on the Koga, the worse they can say is no.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I like the Liyang frame, theres a lovely XTR spec one with a disc drive etc on this site somewhere.

These have no relation to the Liyang or Alan. Its a proprietary design and build and is priced about right.

s-l1600.jpg

SkyRunner-90Carbon.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

BEPC002.jpg

file.php

IMG_4855.jpg

file.php

file.php

SpecUltSide.JPG

As you can see, no two of the above are alike in anyway except the physical build of carbon tubing bonded together. Theres two variations of the Alan.

I'd still not kick any of those out of bed though.

Re:

Certainly on the money Mark. No two were identical, Except perhaps the Al-Carter, But i bet it would be surprising to find out who was making what for whom.

I would certainly be interested.

Some of this early Carbon/aluminum can be bought for Peanuts too, especially if it doesnt have THE cool brand name attached.

Attachments

• thumbnail_photo 1.jpg
    thumbnail_photo 1.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 1,267
  • thumbnail_photo 2.jpg
    thumbnail_photo 2.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 1,267
  • thumbnail_photo 3.jpg
    thumbnail_photo 3.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 1,267
  • thumbnail_photo 4.jpg
    thumbnail_photo 4.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 1,267
  • thumbnail_photo.jpg
    thumbnail_photo.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 1,267
Look pretty catalogue spec. They pop up on the dutch Marketplace several times a year, mostely between 100 and 200 euro's depending on condition.

Re:

A Liyang or Giant frame is absolutely nothing like a Miyata / Koga-Miyata frame in either technology, quality or finishing.

Yes, they might all be bonded lugged carbon / other frames, but that's it in terms of design approach and similarity.

Miyata were in a world of their own in terms of investment, quality and finishing. And they didn't make frames or parts for anyone else so no one shared their bits and bobs - apart from the K-M frames of course which were in the most part Miyata frames for the euro market branded by a different company.

They weren't a frame shared by Giant / Liyang / other made in the same factory.

I'd have this myself if I wasn't focussing on other projects!

Back