Rouke 753 mtb?

Re:

I dunno, looks good to me, I doubt Rourke would put 753 decals on something they weren't aure about, plus a full XT grouppo. 22.5" top tube btw.

As the seller says...not built by Rourke. I've not seen a Rourke without the wrap-over seat stays...AFAIK they all have them.
Also looks like a pretty cheap and nasty lug-set to be worth the (alleged) 753 tubing.
The braze colour would just indicate that a 40% silver filler had been used, rather than a brass.
Under BB cable guide location and external breather holes on the chainstay bridge would suggest that it wasn't built with any great care.

All the best,

Re:

Ha ha wondered when this would turn up on here! This came in my mates 2nd hand bike shop about 18-24 months ago where I had first dibs on it and got it for £30. Did a bit of research on it at vecta velo sport with Matt who use to work in rourkes for years before setting up with rob.think I sold it £90 or there abouts!some very nice stuff turns up in Hartshill cycles although this isn't one of them

Re:

great quote or ebay spamming?

"You are buying a bike that was probably the Dogs Bollocks back in the day but now it is just Bolloxed"

Re: Re:

mfhxgram":2v4a5e5m said:
great quote or ebay spamming?

"You are buying a bike that was probably the Dogs Bollocks back in the day but now it is just Bolloxed"

Haha yeah I noticed that but didn't think of the spamming possibility - clever either way

Re: Re:

Retro junkie":15rahsbj said:
Ha ha wondered when this would turn up on here! This came in my mates 2nd hand bike shop about 18-24 months ago where I had first dibs on it and got it for £30. Did a bit of research on it at vecta velo sport with Matt who use to work in rourkes for years before setting up with rob.think I sold it £90 or there abouts!some very nice stuff turns up in Hartshill cycles although this isn't one of them

What was the conclusion of your research? (or was it just "it's not a rourke"?)

Re:

think after a bit of research we didnt identify what it was,we came up with allsorts like holdsworth, trek or even dawes,and by the way not spamming im on a diet!!! :)

I'm now the shy owner of this, sweet late eighties full xt mystery machine... biopace and thumbies so year??
Doubt i'll ever find out who built it but it's whippity and light..
Fella I know says it could be an early 753 as lugs were used on early 753 builds,
Few nice features ala the fork and seatpost cluster
No real clues but yeah it's a good un..

Back