Fisher Mt Tam value?

timkrik

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I understand that pre production frames may carry more value than the production iterations. The 1994 Fisher Mt Tam was a reasonably popular model. This frame is numbered 49: http://www.ebay.com/itm/272016718870

$2,500 seems optimistic for this and the market will eventually find the value for this bike.

My question, what is the more realistic valuation?

Anyone on RBUK interested in these frames and /or currently collecting them?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

I bought a complete 1994 Mount Tam for £80, for a friend, a couple of years ago. I reckon it wouldn't be worth much more than that even if it were immaculate. An 80's Mount Tam, well that's another beast altogether! :D

His description indicates he knows little of the brand, GF was making bikes in 1979 so 1994 is hardly early! :LOL:

Re:

There is a Retrobike member (? Stumpjumoer1990?) here who was selling a beautiful Mt Tam frame , refinished iirc and new decals etc, albeit not a fillet welded one and not a Tom Teasdale built frame, still a Tange Prestige tubeset, and it was less than a couple of hundred sterling.

As a complete bike I would say your expectations may be a little on the high side, later alloy frame , low spec etc, but market demands dictate the price you will get.
Also good pictures help along with full details and any relevant history , etc, will all help you get somewhere :)

Glws

Ian

I should have prefaced my original post with *Not my sale.

Just curious what the market says for that ebay listing

Latest posts

Back