Rocky Mountain Suzy Q

touchthesky":3fui61xn said:
magas":3fui61xn said:
frame had been (professionally) repaired and repainted :?

Did you contact the seller about the details? I thought it is just the paintjob and no real damage.

"Mein Rahmen befindet sich in einem hervorragenden Zustand, es gibt keine Dellen, Kratzer oder Lackabplatzer. Der Rahmen wurde professionell von einem Meister seines Fachs - Stefano Agresti - instand gesetzt. Ein anderer Meister hat ihn mit Originallack perfekt teilnachlackiert. Die Kettenstrebe ist NICHT gebrochen."

"The frame is in a pristine condition, no dents, scatches or paintchips. The frame had been professionally repaired by an professional frame builder - Stefano Agresti. Another professional did a partial repaint with orignal colours. The chainstay ist NOT broken."

Thats how the translation from the advert reads. I did not contact the seller asking him what was exactly the reason for the repair and what was damaged (if any). Never the less, judging the nick of the frame by the pics, its a very nice and unique piece of history.

Re:

By the way, is there anybody here who could confirm the numbers of the frames made back in ´95 and where they went? (USA/Canada/Europe)

Re: Re:

touchthesky":8dy2dt1r said:
Hey syncrosfan, thanks for your enthusiasm!! All i have is the clean frame, never built it, since i could´t decide what to make of it. Basically i planned to build it exactly as pictured on the coverpage of the ´95 bike markt (german magazine), which would be quite modest since it was shown with a judy XC, silver race face cranks and magura brakes. But i found some nice ideas when i started to look for references of the other remaining suzi´s. One came with a white judy fork and white spengle wheels. Since then i wasn´t sure what to do, so i kept the frame on a stand on top of my fridge and i´m always happy when i look at it.. ;-)

That is sweet! You need to build it up! What size is it?
I've seen that build with the Spengle wheels and I have to say it's too much for my taste. The build from the '95 Bike Markt (used to love those catalogues when I lived in Germany!) seems fine to me even though you can go a little fancier. Syncros everything (maybe white painted Revolution cranks?) White Judy or maybe a white painted AMP fork? Ringle Ti-Stix wheelset on HED rims?
Build it up and do a thread about it.

Re:

WOW!!! :shock:
If this one sells maybe I should consider getting mine fixed.

I think I heard 50 were made. All supposedly for German market.
(correct me if wrong)
But I think there are a couple floating around Vancouver.

I came across an Orvis Rocky Mountain Series 83" 7WT a while back. It still has its original sock and tube, and is in excellent condition. I cant find any information at all as to when it was made. I think that its only a few years old, but I am just guessing. Any information would sure be appreciated. I dont think I did bad for 50 bucks?

Thanks, and Take Care

Saw one built up like the cover of that German mag for sale back in the day at a shop in Victoria, so I guess not all of them got sent overseas.
Brother-in-law had an insurance cheque in hand after his previous bike was stolen.
Difference between his cheque and the Suzi was $250......he passed and bought a Blizzard instead.

He still rides the Blizzard.....Suzi probably wouldn't have survived ;)

Back