Marin Nail trail frame,LX shifters,USE seatpost,cassette....

twain

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
hi all,

below is a nice lot of goodies - im open to offers/combo deals. all this stuff will be checked again and cleaned up before i send it out. it is all in full working/very good condition with very little use. (used breifly as a commute bike, then just used randomly at weekends for a gentle ride with the kid on the back!
all will be posted 2nd class signed for where possible.
frame - will use UPS or other courier through Parcel2go.
all prices include PP goods fees and postage :D

Marin Nail Trail disc only frame (2004 i think): £50 posted
19" (will double check this though) - i'm a tad under 6ft and it fits perfectly.
In good condition - some paint chips here and there, but has been taped up in the necessary places in order to preseve it.
its got a microdot thingy somewhere and i think i still have documents for this somewhere.
Chris King Headset is NOT included (and not being sold separately either) - but i do have the original headset (caged bearing) i can throw in for free.

USE SX shock seatpost - £35 posted - 27.0
elastomers inside have broken in half, but this doesnt affect its performance at all. serviced and cleaned/lubed. some rust/corrosion on allen bolts, but all secure with no other damage other than installation marks below the clamp line. it may have a shim fitted on this frame, so will include it if its in there!

LX 3x9 shifter pods: working fine. indicator window on RH shifter only £25 posted

LX 9 spd cassette (11-32t) Plus SRAM PC31 chain & quick link £20 posted: good conition, minimal wear, with surface grease and a little surface rust (this will be cleaned up and sorted before posting). Chain is also in good condition, no stretch - it was used on a low mileage/take the kid out on the back type of bike, so nothing strenuous!

Dibs/interest/questions on the thread.
PM for offers - can do a deal if you want frame/brakes/groupset/seat post combo mega deal....!!!

thanks
Martin

sold stuff:
DMR red pedals spin freely, some cosmetic flaking of the paint, couple of pins missing, but are removable/replaceable as standard on these. £10 posted
Shimano Deore LX M585 disc brakes (F+R): £40 posted - sold for £30 posted
LX Crankset (hollow tech II) £47 posted - SOLD FOR £35 posted:Good cosmetic condition, crank arm decals in tact (grease marks in photo). some surface rust on one of the chain rings, but i'll give these a spruce up before posting. includes bottom bracket with a couple of spacers too!

LX M580 front mech with band adapters £15 posted:
some surface rust/cosmetic chain marks to cage - will clean up - and will double check sizes and update, but think its 30.9 with band reducer spacers.
LX M580 9spd short cage rear mech £20 posted sold for £15 with crankset:
fully working, loads of life left in jockey wheels. Lots of grease marks in pics, will clean this up.

Re: Marin Nail trail (2004) frame plus some parts

If you can confirm the frame size (it should be on the tube the seat goes into?) I may be seriously tempted by this one!

Also, you didn't mention the forks, but I assume you're using them on your new frame project?

will try check the frame size today/tomorrow (its at my GFs mums garage!). Sorry, the forks are no longer with me im afraid!

Frame size markings should be under the halfords kids seat thingu?

Re:

Just remembered, if I have the documents at home, I can confirm this later tonight. Will update the thread when I know. But I'm pretty sure it is 19"

Re: Marin Nail trail (2004) frame, LX Chainset, brakes, USE,

this is a nice bunch of stuff - although the pics do show up the grime a bit more than in real life - i will be actually giving these parts a ruddy good clean and lube before sending them out - they'll be ready to fit upon delivery!
you cant ask for better service surely....???? :p

Back