Klein Pulse 17" to 18" with full XT groupset £310

Kleinista

Dirt Disciple
This is a 1998 Klein Pulse aluminium frame which is in excellent, scratch free condition and in an 17/18 inch size, which has been built up as a lightweight cross country bike. The frame has been professionally resprayed white and looks close to new. There are some stickers on the frame, but they are easily removeable. I measured this and the length from the centre of the bottom bracket to the seat collar is 16.5" and the length of the top tube is 22".

2013 Rock Shox Recon Silver suspension forks only used once.

All the below components are only two rides old and as new.

Full Shimano M770 Deore XT groupset, including XT bottom bracket, XT cranks, XT rapidfire shifters, XT front derailleur, XT rear derailleur and XT cassette.
Easton Monkey Lite carbon composite bars.
Ritchey Comp Lite stem.
FSA headset.
Hope quick releases.
Hope seat collar.
Vuelta Airline 1 wheels with Bontrager Big Earl tyres.

The two below components have seen more use, but are still in very good condition.
Magura Race Line hydraulic brakes. Please note that whilst these are rim brakes, they're about the very best you can get and are fetching considerably more than many hydraulic brakes on the second hand market, roughly £90 for a good set, which these are.
DMR pedals.
Cat Eye Micro wireless computer

The seatpost and the saddle are not included in the sale.

The forks have lugs so that you can fit disc brakes if needs be and I would be able to supply a set of good quality disc brakes also should that be of assistance.

£330 posted or £310 with pickup.

86_3.jpg

image.jpg

86_1.jpg

86_2.jpg

Re:

Nice bike, but if you don't mind there's a couple things that might help your sale

Firstly, it's often the case that you will achieve a higher return on parts rather than on a whole bike.

This might be particularly true in the case of your bike because the nature of the build is quite personal. I.e. a mixture of modern and period parts.

There is a separate section for 98 onwards where your modern parts would attract more interest.

For what it's worth, I'd be interested in the Maguras if you do end up splitting.

GLWS

Matt

Re: Klein Pulse with full XT groupset

That's lovely, If I wasn't skint I would take that off your hands straight away, GLWS

erm... where are you located? (you mentioned pickup/collection).

Hi,

I'm based just outside Inverness.

Would rather avoid, should it be possible, going down the break up route, mainly because I am all fingers and thumbs when it comes to mechanical stuff. Invariably manage dropping stuff or scratching this, that or the other, and so just get the local bike shop to do any and all mechanical work on bikes. Know it's nothing too complicated stripping off the drivechain and brakes, but I know what I'm like in terms of being clumsy.

Completely understand where people are coming from in terms of keeping everything period and there is a bit of a mix in there.

More than happy to listen to offers with local pickups though as I'm having to subsidise the postage given where I'm based.

Back