Manitou X-Vert Carbon DH fork

STATO

Devout Dirtbag
Considering selling my old DH forks, been sat in the loft for years and ill never build a classic DH bike (to go with my unused modern one) so they probably need to go.

Manitou X_Vert Carbon DH, 7" travel version with extensions on lower legs and longer internals.

Conditon is average, they have been used and at over 10yrs old the main seals are a bit shot. Internals are sound tho and they work and move fine. Scuffs to lowers, crowns and some on stantions as youd expect from a used fork. Ideally i'd like £100 + post but open to offers.

Pic shows MRD integrated stem/crown, fork comes with normal crown but would include MRD crown for a bit extra (took me an age to find). Can also supply spares on discussion (basically another non-usable fork, dropouts damaged)

Untitled by dickyelsdon, on Flickr

Untitled by dickyelsdon, on Flickr

Hi could be interested in the forks with the MRD stem, how average a condition are they in? They look in pretty good nick in the photos

Re:

Will take some better shots tomorrow for you. Generally ok on the carbon. It's the Alu that's a bit marked and the plastic adjusters.

I think i might have been a bit harsh on myself! Check them over and they really arnt bad at all bar damage to the graphics and a few marks on the stantions, even both the adjusters on the top of the fork work! . I do remember from use the seals are not great, so after a wet weekends DH you did need to drop the lowers and clean around the seals as a bit of water had got in, they are a good working fork but are old and i just want to be honest.

The spare damaged fork, on which the lowers look perfect but some muppet tore the dropouts off when the axle siezed (rather than cut the axle) and the seals are glued in (!) for some reason. Stantions are good tho so may be candidate for a swap?

The MRD crown is in good condition, some marks from use but looks good.

So prices ££££

Fork for sale £100

Total package (fork, spare, stem) £150+post

Some pics of the fork in question

DSC_0277 by dickyelsdon, on Flickr

DSC_0286 by dickyelsdon, on Flickr

DSC_0292 by dickyelsdon, on Flickr

DSC_0293 by dickyelsdon, on Flickr

More pics in photostream on flickr

Re:

how tall is the fork measured from centre of axle to top crown please

(I m not pushing in can see a couple of people are interrested just curious to see if they would be the right height for my frame)

Back