Santa Cruz Heckler medium ( might actually be a Superlight )

gingernuts/badger

Senior Retro Guru
Hi
Pictures are coming tomorrow morning - I can't upload yet!

It's an 18" size Heckler frame, Orange main frame with a natural finished back end.
I'm not sure of the year but its got the bendy top tube.
It comes with a X-Fusion coil over shock which has rebound adjust.
IS disc tabs and provision for cantos bosses ( not included )
We've hardly used it since getting it nearly 2 years ago and everything feels cool and works, I'm not a big full sus fan but wiggling and pulling things it doesn't feel like there's any play in bearings and stuff.
What lets it down is the orange finish to the frame, it's really knocked about, details are in the pictures - my wife didn't mind these as it meant she didn't have to be too precious with it. The other thing to note is that one of the bottle cage bosses is missing, I just plugged it up.
Other details are a 1 1/8" head tube, 31.8 seatclamp and a 26.8 seat post size.
Just shout if you need to know more.

£160 uk posted
Less for a pick up in Otley.

Oh and as a tease, here it is built ....
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... 4288f826bf

I may be wrong but the rear end looks like a superlight rear (and thus possibly an actual superlight? Or old heckler 4.0? (pre 2001))

pictures....

...... some of them are in Australia, sorry!

Attachments

• photo-6.JPG
    photo-6.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 1,621
  • photo-5.JPG
    photo-5.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 1,621
  • photo-4.JPG
    photo-4.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 1,621
  • photo-3.JPG
    photo-3.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 1,621
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 1,621
  • photo-1.JPG
    photo-1.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 1,621
im looking at my 2001 superlight now and the swing arm on your is slightly different. mine is a radius on the shock bolt mount corner where yours is cranked.
my 2005 superlight however, has that exact swing arm.
to help with your sale, the first digit/s of the frame number relates to the year of manufacture. im betting its later than 2001 :).

would you be interested in a swap for a carbon 17" frame ?? i have for sale and maybe some money your way,

regards dean

Hi Dean, I'd rather have the money really & 17" is a bit small for me - I'm trying to clear out everything that doesn't fit me at the minute.
No one else is interested at the minute so it's got your name on it :)

Back