National 12 hour championship winning bike ...

Stumbled across that listing myself and had a good chuckle.

Hope someone buys it Mr. Cammish but would they have the nerve to turn up at their local 10 on it?

Mark.

Made me smile too. Only ever did one 12 hour event and the water bottles filled with rice pudding still haunt me !!

Shaun

Midlife":3itaz2on said:
Made me smile too. Only ever did one 12 hour event and the water bottles filled with rice pudding still haunt me !!

Shaun

Ugh! I hate rice pudding and flatly refused to eat it even in the most desperate hours of a 12.
To this day I've never done anything so mentally and physically demanding on a bike. I only ever rode three and one of those I didn't finish.

Mark.

daccordimark, were you riding in the late 70's like me then ? surely they must have found a substitute for rice pudding by now LOL

I'm not sure what was worse BITD, distance riding or the mind numbing hours on the rollers.................

Shaun

Re:

I was helping to support club mates on two occasions. Seeing them at the end of the race was enough to put me off ever doing one.

GLWS fella ;)

Mike

Blimey !! I had hoped by the 80's that rice pudding would have been banned :(

I helped at a few events BITD and the riders had a choice of rice pudding in water bottles, water bottles with water laced with some greenish stuff with salt in it or water (I wish I could remember the name) ........ I know it sounds cruel but on hot days some riders did douse themselves with rice pudding thinking it was water :)

Shaun

Re:

Swarfega maybe? :LOL:

Can't imagine the misery of tipping rice pud all over yourself, on top of the 12 hour thing anyway :(

Back