Pre Christmas ride, AFTERMATH ! !

Mike Muz

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Bontrager Fan
Feedback
View
So, here we are at the end of the year, for another festive fun ride. And all we can muster from our numerous local members are me and Godders :roll:

Thankfully, Tim had a bit more enthusiasm, and took the train from Havant, dragging along Colin with his far-too-new-looking 29er full sus bike, and Martin, with a nice STEEL :cool: Inbred hardtail

The weather was looking a bit undecided as we set off, but it was mild at least. So off we trundled over the toll bridge, across the main road, and then around Lancing college, for a long climb/drag up to the Downs.
Then along some narrow, and slippery at times, chalky bridleway that would take us eventually towards Cissbury Ring. Choose your gulley carefully! :LOL: This is when the rain started :facepalm:

But it soon opened out from the small amount of protection from the wind, to open headwind into it, for a grind to the Ring :shock:
Big bridleways for this bit, before heading north to Chanctonbury, and crosswinds with rain ! :facepalm:
Thankfully, it stopped just before we got totally soaked, so I added a little loop that took in a nice descent, followed by another grind back up :roll:

That would have been great had it been in focus! :facepalm: Surely worth a witty caption though! :LOL: 'Should have gone to Specsavers', 'don't think much of yours!' that sort of thing

Tim, on his '90 I think Courier Comp,

The oldest, rigidess, canti-braked bike, that seemed to be the only one whose brakes didn't squeal! :LOL: :LOL: He's a bit nippy on it too !

Then we headed back east along towards Chanctonbury with a nice tail breeze,

Before my favourite bit of singletrack,

WARNING
Gratuitous own bike photo opportunity alert!

Then down we went along some more singletrack, and into Steyning, where Mick saw an opportunity to empty a cafe of its' cake suplies!

But then, he did have some help from yours truly :roll: :oops: :LOL:

And to give the bikes a rest, obviously :LOL:

After which, we decided to head back down the Coombes Road and back to Shoreham.
Had a great ride in some good company :xmas-wink: Sorry about the weather though :roll:
Hope you all have a great Christmas, and see you in the New Year sometime ! ;)

Mike

Re:

Nice one Mike :) not half as mucky as I thought it was going to be !!
Great company with your good self, Tim, Colin and martin :xmas-wink:
A good few other riders up there as well considering, and first rate coffee and cake at the tea rooms :oops: Happy Christmas and new year to you all and hope to catch up with you in the new year :xmas-big-grin:

Mick :xmas-cool:

Re: Re:

Moonkatuk":v2fcpp3a said:
Great route today, cheers. The rider on the the inbred was Mike BTW. M1KESMITH on here.

:facepalm:

Oops! Sorry Mike :oops:

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":36zwsz2g said:
Moonkatuk":36zwsz2g said:
Great route today, cheers. The rider on the the inbred was Mike BTW. M1KESMITH on here.

:facepalm:

Oops! Sorry Mike :oops:

Double ooops :oops: But not as big as Mikes ooops as his was the first ooops :xmas-wink:

Back