Longer rear skewer 180-185mm

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
This isnt a joke,unfortunately

I've got a problem :(

My rear hub along with the hope calliper clamp means that a normal skewer is about 15mm too short
I think normal rears are 165mm so 180-185mm should be long enough.

Tall order..unless these 150mm rear spacing frames uses a QR :?

No ideas rejected :D

Phone up Carradice, and ask for one of their mahoosive skewers for the Limpet panniers. They have a special inbuilt rack that needs an extra long skewer.

Failing that, you'll have to get one of the skewers for a trailer that attaches via the hub, like a Bob Yak.

Or a solid axle.

Let us know how you get on. ;)

:cool: Thanks very much for the info chris
I really though nobody would answer this.
I googled this and was getting directed towards trailers and tandem manufacturers.
I doubt Hope has anything this late in the day,they wont service the C2 brakes as they say they dont have all the parts[pistons] so i reckon it will be the same story for these skewers,being part of the No2 model :(

Tight ar**ed seller retained them
idiot :evil:

I've got some titanium skewer axles you could buy for a tenner. The axles are 183 mm & 146 mm long respectively, with 8mm of thread on one end and 30 mm on the other.

You would have to take the bits off your old skewers though and fit to these axles.

I emailed the long suffering Nick at hope tech.
He says they will do me another along with the little special bolt for the end.
They have some tandem skewers and will make it from that.

I hope it wont cost a lot :? ,he did use the phrase 'old' so here's hoping its 'old' prices too :LOL: :LOL:

And for those with an interest, there is 2 axles for the bulb hub,one is for the 5 bolt ,the other is for the 6 bolt rotor spider.
Which was the other thing i was looking for.

Back