Wanted: someone

cyfa2809

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
someone to weld a disc brake bracket onto an i drive rear end for me. im in plymouth
let me know
josh

cyfa2809":23uvc0vi said:
someone to weld a disc brake bracket onto an i drive rear end for me. im in plymouth
let me know
josh

Ive got a mate down there. Hes up my way in few days so I'll ask 'im if he knows anyone that can weld aluminum.

Green arrrmyyyy!!! :LOL: ..sorry :oops:

ok thanks mate. :LOL: i dont like football! and then i need something to weld to it! would a post mount to is adapter do it?

Probably. I would get one that's a little too big (say >5mm) for your brake. That gives you a bit of room to play with when your shaping it up with the file. You really want it to sit nice against the chainstay with as much surface area contact as possible. Then get it welded up.

I'll see if my mate knows anyone down Plymouth who can weld of help you with this.

Im no Argyle fan (Im a Portsmouth lad) but I love those Paul Whitehouse (Aviva) ad's!! :LOL: "Get on ye janner!" :D

ok nice one. well the standard ones that come with hayes nine should do it. i think theyre 6 or 7mm maybe. yeah his ads are great! i do like a bit of harry enfield and chums

cool0":wojh92ye said:
Is this for a sale thread

what do you mean? you want to buy a v brake i drive rear end? i have one for sale mybe :? its not a for sale thread though, im after a welder to weld a brake mount on my frame

Back on topic...

Theres a metal fabrication business down in Miller Court, Stonehouse you could try (sorry can't rmember what they are called). In fact i think there might be two of 'em... ;)

actually, as we speak, my stepbrothers dad is meant to be asking someone around there to weld something else for me. he is based there too, painter and decorator, so knows some of them. might be worth ringing up direct though. :?

Back