Still need quill stem 22.2mm with brake cable routing

raymondluxuryyacht

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi all - can anyone help with this ?
I need a quill stem to fit a 1" headset and steerer i.e. 22.2mm diameter not 25.4mm. Also it must have the routing necessary to feed the cable to the cantilever brake (i.e. a stop for the cable outer and pulley wheel or pipe type arrangement)

Preferably I need something in 120mm length or less, but rise is fairly unimportant to me (i.e. anythng in 0 to 20 degrees is probably ok).

This is the last part I need to finish my bike project (which I hope to post pics of on here once complete).

I originally posted here:http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57943
...however the kona stem I got turned out to be a 25.4mm quill stem i.e 1inch quill but not suitable for a 1" steerer (which has a smaller internal diamneter of 22.2mm). Also I can't quite get enough clearance to use one of those cable hanger thingys that bolt round the stem.

Please help !

Hi fella, I have a quill 1" stem with a roller underneath , but cant remember where I put the roller and pin that holds the wheel in, and also I seem to think it was only around 80-90mm long , so dont think this would be any use. ?

But anyway I have to get into the workshop to try and find a few spares for other retrobike folk, so I'll have a quick look for the wheel and pin, if it might be some use to you.. ? let me know.. :)

Si

80 or 90mm is still fine. That would be ace if you do have it with the roller and pin too. You would not believe what a pain in the bum sorting a stem out has been.

I've now got a small collection of stems that I can't use unless I switched to v-brakes (which is not something I want to do, due to the decent 8 speed LX lever and shifter combi that I have) !

There's gonna be stem bonanza on the for sale pages when I get this project finished ;-)

Ive got a black 1 inch quill stem with the routing running within the underside of the stem ,came off a 89 mongoose team comp.Not sure of rise or length but approx 130-150 long.
Its in my parts bin somewhere.

I have two going spare. one uses a roller thingy and the other is a routed cable.

One is incomplete as I don't have the bolt for it.

Both are 120mm and in decent nick.

Let me know if either looks what you are after..will be dirt cheap..

main.php

main.php

Awesome.
Hits, I'll take both your stems please.

That way I can see what works best (and I can always sell spares back on here later). :)

Please PM with price and details. Paypal gift ?

Faceplant - thanks. Hopefully Hits stems should sort me, but I'd still be interested in your velocity as you can't have too many options. Pm me with a price etc please :)

Latest posts

Back