Lightweight 27.0mm seatpost (210g or less)

ljamesb

Old School Hero
I thought I'd found the PERFECT seatpost for my lightweight MTB/tourer build. Excitedly went to fit it today and lo and behold I bought the wrong size :oops:. As a result I'm now still looking for a seatpost. If you have anything please let me know :). Looking for something which is:

-27.0 mm diameter
-320 mm length or longer
-210g or less in weight please
-cosmetic condition not that important

Not looking to spend more than £20.

Open to swaps with a lovely (190gram) 27.2 woodman GT2, which is currently listed in the 'for sale' section.

Thanks for looking!

Re:

I doubt you will get anything below that weight for £20, You're in Syncros/USE Titanium with that weight and 330mm or longer and they tend to be around £100 ish in good order. I would try Ebay for a modern in line Ally with a shim.

Re: Re:

Wold Ranger":1c4548u2 said:
I doubt you will get anything below that weight for £20, You're in Syncros/USE Titanium with that weight and 330mm or longer and they tend to be around £100 ish in good order. I would try Ebay for a modern in line Ally with a shim.

Cheers for the suggestion. That is a good idea trying a smaller size+shim so I'll have a look on ebay as well :).

Do you say that for any particular reason? Is it maybe that 27.0 post diameter is just harder to come by? Maybe I got lucky with the 190g woodman post I mistakenly bought.

The 27.0 size makes this a really difficult search for that weight - leaving aside Ti, then 210g for 320mm means pretty much top-end aluminium or mid- to high-end carbon and there are hardly any manufacturers of that kind making them in 27.0. The only one I can think of is the USE Alien (aluminium model) which I have a feeling came in 27.0 and would be about 200g for that length - but you're still looking at more than £20 second hand if you can find one.

With the shim option you're still going to struggle because as it means shimming up from 25.0-25.4 and most manufacturers at the mid-range and above don't seem to make much that's smaller than 27.2. Again, a USE Alien 25.0 might be your best bet - either the carbon or aluminium, though remember the shim itself is going to add about 20-25g.

I think I may have found a couple of good 27.0 options on ebay. Have ordered them both and then we'll see what the scales say :). The first was a random alloy post someone was selling (£8.25). The seller quoted it as being 210g and I should be able to cut this one down to just under 200g.

The second one I've ordered is a handsomedog litestik (11.99) which is apparently 280g for 400mm length. I've estimated that if cut down to the size I need, it should be around 220g.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back