Steel Proflex frame

Proflex656

Devout Dirtbag
Hi Guys...

I was tempted into buying an old and unloved Proflex 453...
The plan was to build it up for general use, nothing fancy, down the shops and back....I've been talked into building a bike for the daughter's boyfriend no less !

Well having stripped it back to the frame and had a good look at it...front frame section is all a bit past it's best.
The seat post is doing it's best to stay in the frame and after all other attempts is gently fizzing in caustic soda...the frame section around the top of the seat tube is a bit ratty too.
Before I go to far trying to save this old frame, has anyone got a 1992, 93 or 94 steel Proflex frame hanging in the shed getting in the way ?

The rear swingarm, top rear fork and suspension unit are fine, I have some forks, I just need the front steel frame triangle.

The older 550 listed on the for sale section is a different frame type and I was hoping for a similar frame to the one I have...that was used (tatty maybe ) but in original paint if poss ?

Anything looking for a new home....collect would be cool to keep the cost down....

Thanks guys !

Justin

Hi, Thanks for the offer.
Do you have any photo's ?
I probably wouldn't need the forks, to save a bit of postage and hopefully the Rock Shox I have will fit ?
Have you a price in mind ?
jr

Back