Mountain Mayhem 2017

velomaniac

MacRetro Rider
OK this event is a long year away but its a super grand fun event.
Retrospud organised this years 10 man lost souls of retro team and it all went pretty well, Read the aftermath threads to see what I mean.

2017 marks 20 years of Mayhem and they are trying to make the event special. Retrobike has been present for at least 10 years and we are trying to increase our presence for this special occasion.

Mayhem for 2017 is taking bookings now, riding on the popularity of the event past and present for the 20th anniversary. Retrospud has organised 0ne 10 man team, "the Lost Souls" which I am a member and a four man team "the Awesome Foursome", but we are trying to raise numbers for the second ten man team "New Old Stock", This is where some of you might come in.

You'd need to commit yourself for next year and fork out £46 pretty much straight off but that might be the incentive to make sure you were there ! If you want to be part of a Retrobike tradition on Mayhems 20th Anniversary then message Retrospud NOW !

Remember The Ken did it in the past and I did it this year and we both thought it an absolute blast. The riding is actually technically unchallenging by MacRetro standards, but there is nightriding which is enjoyable, but is still fun. Physically its a bit knackering as the ground gets soft quickly if it rains and there are a few seemingly endless climbs but 10UTB was tougher and Strathpuffer is much tougher than Mayhem.
The best bit is the camaraderie as you sit around the campfire listening to 90's music, bantering crap and heckling the passing riders. There are some awesome bits of retrokit plus all the latest tech rolling by. As for the food, Any123 and his pal Jericho serve up BBQ steaks, Caribbean rice dishes etc from the biggest caravanette in the world with generator running full electrics all night !

So if interested talk to Retrospud as retrobike needs you and its immense and I say this again immense fun !!!!!

Re:

I attended my first Mayhem as a relative stranger and would certainly recommend it, the camp fire camaraderie was spot on :)

Re:

Of course there is beer, what sort of daft question is that. There is probably more beer than actual bike riding from a retrobike ten man team perspective :LOL:

I can recommend it fully - great event, Eye of the Tiger on loop too, really good to meet like minded folk on that scale too. If you are driving I also recommend taking the monday off work - it's a long way.

Latest posts

Back