2015-02-22 Baltic Bawbags Aftermath

zigzag

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Well that was Christmassy...

DSC_2531.NEF.jpg

If my fingers hadn't been about to do a Ranulph Fiennes, I'd have taken more pictures. You really can't beat riding on fresh snow though... You also can't beat letting someone ride in front of you so all the snow on the low-hanging trees and bushes falls on them first :)

DSC_2519.jpg

DSC_2529.NEF.jpg

DSC_2515.NEF.jpg

DSC_2517.jpg

DSC_2521.NEF.jpg

DSC_2523.NEF.jpg

DSC_2527.NEF.jpg

DSC_2533.NEF.jpg

DSC_2536.NEF.jpg

Re:

Thanks Folks, I really enjoyed today's ride. Nice to meet up with some of the other Macretro members as well (and the MacFatro ones too ;) ).

I'll add my pics here once I've uploaded them to Photobucket....

3/4 Fat, 1/2 Fat, and Skinny...

Anyone seen Jamie's bike???

TK trying to entice the "killer Robin" out of the tree...

To Infinity and beyond!!

Zigzag brought his friend along...

Cantilever brakes + snow = fun on the descents :shock:

Retro riders.

Trimble in the trees.

Ideal bike for the conditions!

Drop bars in the snow.

The Gathering of the Clan...

Re:

what a baptism of.......... snow.....

my first ride out with some of the macretro clan, don't think it could have been better, an epic day of whiteness and laughs, thanks lads! :D

Attachments

• BB2.jpg
    BB2.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 1,457
  • BB.jpg
    BB.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 1,457
Re:

Haaar| sorry i couldn't get there - Just too much to get on with here before Wednesday. Spent the day disconnecting electrics, shifting stuff outta living room (lotsa stuff) and finding things I didn't know I even had LOL Looks good though - more pics please

Oh - i also took Freddie for a walk :facepalm:

Aw man - that looks great. Gutted i couldn't be there. Spent the day analysing otter crap - well, someone has to. Good pics - keep them coming.

A very enjoyable ride in the most wintery conditions I have had this winter.

The Met Office forecast said the snow would start at 9am and they were pretty much bang on. By the time I arrived at the car park to meet DynaCol who had got there first the snow was just beginning to lie. And it didn't stop snowing from then until the ride was finished. Not all that heavy, but steady all the same. I don't think there were many photos taken the second half of the ride as the snow and cold were taking their toll. Most bikes were looking fairly abominable and some of the riders too. :LOL:

8 riders turned up at the final toll with Mike aka Velofrog breaking his MacRetro cherry on his Kermit coloured Ibis. Shamefully there were only 2 genuine retro bikes with DynaCols Trimble and Jimos Tushingham. An honourable mention though to Epicyclo on his Rat-Ride 1x1 which was almost there, being a '98 we reckon. The rest were on a variety of fat, half fat, 3/4 slim, nearly 29 plus, yadda, yadda, yadda bikes. Certainly amongst them all the Surly company had done rather well!

So we rode up the hill in the snow, around the loch in the heavier snow, and then back down via the 'cliff top trail' still in the snow. There were one or 2 comedy falls as expected but we all made it back down to Dunkeld for some tasty scran in the pub. :D

Hopefully there should be lots more photos coming, but spare a thought for the truly Hardcore Mr Dyer who while I am writing this will still be driving home. And to think that no-one could cross the border from Fife! :facepalm:

Great times lads. Looking forward to the next one. :cool:

Re:

Sorry i didn't make this guys, and also for the lack of interest, first year i've missed i think ?

Cracking pics :cool:

Bike MOJO is non existent at the moment though :(

Infact last time i was on a bike was Dunkeld last year :eek:

Re: Re:

jimihendrix":1ytmly6c said:
Bike MOJO is non existent at the moment though :(

We need to try and fix this! ;)

Next main calender ride will be in April up Deeside way I believe. Be good to see you out again.

Re:

Some cracking photies lads and great effort. Gutted to have missed this but a mates birthday night out in stirling meant too much stella and gin consumed leading to Making it out of bed at 1.30 in the pm then vegging after sobering up to drive.

much kudos for the drive and riding in that weather

Latest posts

Back