STOLEN: Klein Quantum Q Carbon - Edinburgh Centre

dongward

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Stolen in the last day or so from my Stairwell in Edinburgh centre.

This was locked up with a kryponite D lock and cable - I just discovered it was missing a few minutes ago and I am totally gutted. I had two bikes locked up and stupidly this one didn't have the D lock on it, just the cable... easy pickings. I live in a good area with a sound stairwell and lots of other bikes. It was hidden under the stair so someone has spied it and come back later to nick it.

Photos as below. The only upgrade from below was a thomson seatpost. It also has some turquoise spacers on the steerer.

I'm hoping getting this posted will get some results but I've no idea - If anyone hears/sees anything, please let me know.

Many thanks,

Donnie

Attachments

• klein.JPG
    klein.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 1,872
  • Klein 2.jpg
    Klein 2.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 1,872
Thieving Bastards!

What gets me is the police rarely help to find stolen bikes! I asked why this particular day because my Son had his MTB stolen and the police told me because bicycles are not required to be registered by law like other vehicles, they don't have a duty to search for bicycles and if a bike is found the police have to get proof from the actual owner of the bike is his bike, so if you got it second-hand your pretty much f*ucked and the thief can quite possibly keep the bike.

What bollocks eh :facepalm:

Hope you get the bike back.

Ian Raleigh":2qx1nagt said:
Thieving Bastards!

What gets me is the police rarely help to find stolen bikes! I asked why this particular day because my Son had his MTB stolen and the police told me because bicycles are not required to be registered by law like other vehicles, they don't have a duty to search for bicycles and if a bike is found the police have to get proof from the actual owner of the bike is his bike, so if you got it second-hand your pretty much f*ucked and the thief can quite possibly keep the bike.

What bollocks eh :facepalm:

Hope you get the bike back.

Not always the case. I know for a fact that police in the west end of Glasgow,which has a high theft rate for bikes , stop and check countless folk on bikes everyday and seize a fair number of suspect stolen bikes.

It is true that the real owner has to identify his bike usually by some unique mark or part in order to get the bike back but this is the case with any stolen property. You can't just have folk claiming back property that isn't theirs ...

Recently one of the Partick Community cops recovered a high value full sus bike belonging to a xc racer and another Community cop burst a 2nd hand shop which was paying neds £15 flat rate per bike regardless of true value. They had dozens of bikes stashed away in a warehouse.
So , along with all the other things they have to do , the police do recover some stolen bikes.

Lets be honest , and I'm not condoning the theft , property owners need to take reasonable steps to protect their own goods and locking a valuable bike up in a common close has been proved time and time again to be a risk.

Re:

Without wanting to seem unappreciative, I would appreciate this not becoming a philosophical/practical discussion on bike theft. Yep, it was a risk, yep I am gutted, yep it won't be happening again.

The crux/reality is it's been nicked and I need help if there's any chance of getting it back. FYI, I have registered on the following sites:

http://stolen-bikes.co.uk/
http://www.findthatbike.co.uk/

Two sites I never knew of before today :roll:

Thanks for comments - update with a spec:

KLEIN Road bike, black, medium/small sized, compact frame with ‘Q Carbon’ on top tube and ‘Klein’ on downtube in two tone green/purple sparkly paint. Has 105 groupset (silver front and rear mech) with FSA carbon cranks. Bontrager ‘racelite’ rims in blue with bontrager hubs. Thomson seatpost, giro seat and deda stem/bars. black crank brothers spds. Noticeable with turquoise blue headtube spacers. Carbon forks and rear stays with ‘Klein’ decal in white vinyl.

Back