The Lord of the things ,the quest for single track nirvana

mikee

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
GT Fan
Feedback
View
So after a big no show from the head elf (ZZ)
Lord of the dwarfs (velo)
The giant king (fat gaz)
And king of the fairies (dad)
The 2 hobbits ,bumbo and dildo (shed & me) set off to find the trail to rule all trails ,there can be only one ,wait a minute that's highlander , anyway we did wait on rob but he couldn't be arsed getting out of bed ,to answer his phone.
So off we went GT full suss being the obvious choice for the wet,muddy,snow infested blairmudam woods
An interesting thin happened upon setting off ,both bikes became single speeds ,sheds cables on his RTS had filled up with water at some point so the gears wouldn't change and my rear mech looked a bit wrong ,think it needs a longer body one fitted
So up the top and down the first section fun mud and some fallen trees later we were back on the fire road ,then a detour ,could this be it ? The magical trail to rule all ?
Well no to be honest , but I think when it dries out it will be a good addition to the stuff up there
Next we headed up the one that goes up the top of the valley that we usually come down ,as its known
It was half way up here that we noticed the snow ,I kid ye not there were flakes about 2"across falling
And all in slow motion ,this truly was the fairy woods
It was by now 11:30 and we had covered a fair few miles ,onward we struggled avoiding all manner of beasts ,and their droppings til we reached a bench ,whereupon the mac retro tradition of sitting down and gibbering pish was enacted ,then a return hi speed blast back to the car park took place
So the quest for The Lord of the things trail continues ,probably next week

Mike

Re: The Lord of the things ,the quest for single track nirva

I hope Shed took you down oor lovely bit of trail?

Glad you're back.

Re: The Lord of the things ,the quest for single track nirva

The bench trail runs very well mate and a nice link to the other trail to the valley

Back