Anybody know how to get cheap Arran ferry ticket?

orange71

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
We're off to Arran in June :cool: ferry looks like it'll be about £130 for the car (maybe a bit less if we take in early morning crossing). Anybody know any cheaper way of getting a ticket? Any special offers or discounts or anything?

Even thought about parking in Ardrossan, going over on foot and hiring a car when there but doesn't work out any cheaper.

cheers :D

Not that I can think of unfortunately. We go across several times a year as I have rellies on the island but the best we do is buy a "book" of six tickets which works out around 30% less. Not any good in your circumstance though.

Its one of the beauties of island life - getting stitched up by Calmac everytime you wanna go somewhere (with a car that is - pedestrian fares aren't too bad)

You're probably going from Ardrossan - Brodick. There is a slightly cheaper fare from Claonaig - Lochranza, but that's way off your route I guess unless you specifically want to visit Kintyre. Unlikely :LOL:

Of course - you're over for a full week, silly me. Yep - They have you by the short n curly ones :roll:

Never mind - the weather will be terrific and you'll all have a truly amazing time :cool:

Back