ADR Bottecchia

SonOfStringfellow

Dirt Disciple
This bike was started last year, but I've only just got around to tensioning the wheels and fitting the headset. I don't have any Mavic brake levers, ideally I'd like to get Mavic 440 aeros, but Modolo equivalent would do.
Also not sure what seat post hence the Campy one :)
Pictures below.

Attachments

• ADR-5.jpg
    ADR-5.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 2,145
  • ADR-1.jpg
    ADR-1.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 2,144
  • ADR-4.jpg
    ADR-4.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 2,146
Very nice. I do like bike built up with components that are not the obvious Campag or Shimano. I've done a few over the years and they always take time to collect all the bits together but are very satisfying once you complete them.

allenh":17j6kw9p said:
Very nice. I do like bike built up with components that are not the obvious Campag or Shimano. I've done a few over the years and they always take time to collect all the bits together but are very satisfying once you complete them.

Thanks, it has been hard to get some of the parts. I'm still looking for a pair of white 440 aero brake levers and a front skewer for 550RD hub.

Re:

The seat post should be a Simplex one if you're trying to replicate the LeMond bike. I say this only as an educated guess as it seems that what was on the white and red Bottecchia's he rode in 89, so why would it be any different on a different colour frame?
I'm currently restoring an 89 ADR Bottecchia to replicate the 89 LeMond bike, but yours is a better frame and I'm loving the paint. Well done!

Re: Re:

Racingsnake1":xnertk91 said:
The seat post should be a Simplex one if you're trying to replicate the LeMond bike. I say this only as an educated guess as it seems that what was on the white and red Bottecchia's he rode in 89, so why would it be any different on a different colour frame?
I'm currently restoring an 89 ADR Bottecchia to replicate the 89 LeMond bike, but yours is a better frame and I'm loving the paint. Well done!

Interesting I had them down as using Suntour XC seat posts, I don't have one of those either. The build halted until I get the brake levers, someone kept promising to sell me some but didn't get back to me.

I've got a red and white Bottecchia which I used to race on up in the for sale forum.

Back