Chromed Colnago

Gboon

Retro Newbie
Hello, I have an old, full chromed Colnago road bike with Campagnolo Nuovo Record components.

Can anyone tell me more about this bike?
What type is it, in which year was he build, what's the value,...?

I live in Belgium and my father and I are thinking to sell him.

Many thanks!

348d1f.jpg

pict0189u.jpg

WOW beautiful bike I suppose the bike is worth what someone will pay for it but it could be a very sought after bike. I would look on ebay completed/sold listings to get an idea of what similar bike have sold for. As far as year google the serial number under the bottom bracket shell there might be a data base with that information. It appears to be 70's/ early 80's more likely 70's components. Or if you don't want to look into it I would gladly give you $200.00 for it and pay for shipping ;) just kidding it is worth more than that. Good luck with your research I am sure there are some other guys on here with more info.

B1kEnUt":318p4tug said:
WOW beautiful bike I suppose the bike is worth what someone will pay for it but it could be a very sought after bike. I would look on ebay completed/sold listings to get an idea of what similar bike have sold for. As far as year google the serial number under the bottom bracket shell there might be a data base with that information. It appears to be 70's/ early 80's more likely 70's components. Or if you don't want to look into it I would gladly give you $200.00 for it and pay for shipping ;) just kidding it is worth more than that. Good luck with your research I am sure there are some other guys on here with more info.

Many thanks for the good information!
I will definitley take a look at Google for the serial number.

No problem, Gboon, I would personally keep it. That is a very beautiful bike I would be proud to have it and ride it, Vintage steel bikes especially from a quality brand like Colnago are some of the best riding bikes out there if you ask me. Where did you get the bike from, if you don't mind me asking?

B1kEnUt":hv4fvl67 said:
No problem, Gboon, I would personally keep it. That is a very beautiful bike I would be proud to have it and ride it, Vintage steel bikes especially from a quality brand like Colnago are some of the best riding bikes out there if you ask me. Where did you get the bike from, if you don't mind me asking?

We are thinking to sell him because he's in our garage and a collector might attaches more value and can suppoort him bettter.

My father bought the bike in Mol (a city in Belgium) at the bike shop Mast. (http://www.fietsenmast.be/)
Unfortunately, he almost hasn't knowledge of his bike. He bought the bike because he found it extremely beautiful and is basically even too big for him.

Hi,

I wish I could see more details - such as headset details, type of tubing used for frame and forks, handlebar and stem identity etc. - but from what I can see, the bike looks absolutely beautiful - a stunner - the only bits I personally do not like are the saddle and the seatpost.

I think the bike is probably mid-seventies - the inner chainring looks like Campagnolo 753 which was made for the Campagnolo 1049 chain/crankset, which was produced in the mid-seventies. I can not identify the pantographed outer chainring (which looks fantastic) but you can try your luck by trawling the Velobase site (http://velobase.com/SearchBasic.aspx)

Did your father buy it from new or did he buy it second-hand? I have a suspicion that the chrome on the main frame tubes (not seat stays and chain stays) may have been applied as a later upgrade by a previous owner, if your father bought it second-hand.

As another member has said, it is worth whatever people are prepared to pay but looking at the bike and the details I can see, I would definitely say that you should not accept less that €1500 and it could well be worth much, much more - :LOL: all the way to the bank.

Colnagos in good shape are sold on the bay for prices that go from €1200 to €3000, depending on the model, groupset, paintwork and so on.

I wish you all the best with the sale - unfortunately my old age pension will not stretch so far :D

Back