Diamant Quanten

mrkawasaki

Retrobike Rider
Excuse the lazy restomod/parts bin approach - but it's Friday evening and I have a large glass of wine at hand and fancied sketching a build... So, a late 70's Diamant Quanten, acquired from the father of a current Rapha Condor rider whilst they were stationed in Belgium. Apparently an ex-pro rider's CX frameset bitd, left to languish in a shop cellar for rather too long. Hence a surfeit of patina and the age-old conundrum of whether to re-paint or not. Whilst that issue is pending, I'm throwing whatever is to hand to get this fabulously light 531 frameset going. Yet to decide on Kelly Take-offs or bar end shifters - once that's sorted we should be riding come midweek....

Attachments

• Diamant Quanten.jpg
    Diamant Quanten.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 1,639
  • IMG_8638.JPG
    IMG_8638.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 1,579
  • IMG_8637.JPG
    IMG_8637.JPG
    143.5 KB · Views: 1,579
Much to my surprise I found the bag of Kelly's bits - so Take-Off's it is!

Specification V1.0:
Rear Mech - Shimano 105 10 speed
Front Mech - Ultegra
Shifters - Dura Ace 9 speed
Crank - FSA Gossamer 46/36T
Brake levers - Dia Compe Grand Compe
Brakes - FSA Energy CX cantilevers
Bars - 3TTT
Saddle - Turbo Lite
Wheelset - Fulcrum 7 CX

Attachments

• IMG_8634.JPG
    IMG_8634.JPG
    120.3 KB · Views: 1,577
Re:

More than slightly envious of this - was thinking about bidding when it came up on the bay a few months back, but funds did not permit! I'll enjoy seeing how this build progresses. I'd only repaint if I knew I could source all the correct decals, which, with Diamant, isn't that easy IME. Enjoy it!

Change of heart on the brakes - trying these puppies out.

Attachments

• 06022229_4fca1526b2548.jpg
    06022229_4fca1526b2548.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 1,515
Now readied for next Friday's Rapha Supercross at Broughton Hall - tequila and foam cannon class, natch!

Attachments

• Diamant Quanten.JPG
    Diamant Quanten.JPG
    157 KB · Views: 1,447
  • Kelly Take Offs.jpg
    Kelly Take Offs.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 1,447
Nice looking lash up although might want to reconsider bar angle and 'that' rear brake cable routing.

Back