1991 Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra TSX

Sirreal

Dirt Disciple
Hi all - Piccies of my EM, brought on fleabay for a relative song. Frame checks out as a 91 by serial numbers. Not identified all the bits yet, but list so far is -

Frame: 1991 EM Corsa Extra - Columbus TSX tubing

Fork: EM - looks like it the one it was built with as lugs check to year.

Headset: Stronglight
Stem: Cinelli (no idea which one)
Handlebar: Cinelli Criterium 65-42
Bar Tape:

Brake Levers/Brifters: Campag Chorus
Brake Calipers: Campag Chorus
Brake Pads: Rubbish!
Brake Cables:

Shifters:
Front Derailleur: Campag Athena (I think)
Rear Derailleur: Campag Mirage 9-speed
Derailleur Cables:
Cassette:Campagnola 9speed 13-23t
Chain:
Cranks: Campag Chorus
Chainrings: Campag Chorus 53/42
Bottom Bracket: Campag Chorus
Pedals: System Ex cheapos as temporary measure

Rims: No idea
Hubs: Front is Mavic - I think the rear is Campag
Hub Skewers: Mavic / Campag
Nipples:
Spokes:
Tyres:
Tubes:

Saddle: Decathalon cheapo for now
Seatpost: Generic alloy post, no idea of make
Seatpost Binder:

Bottle Cage: Original - 1 only
Extras:

Weight: Bathroom scales say 19.4 lb, 8.8kg - I suspect they are wrong :)

I will replace the seat with a San Remo Rolls, and the seat post with a Campag Chorus, when said items appear in my price range on ebay. I'll also look out for some more appropriate pedals (it came with plastic block pedals, but for £180 I can't complain :) )

Frame and forks have a few paint scrapes, no significant rust, so I'll probably not go for a repaint as I've not seen any others in seafoam green all over.

Attachments

• EM ws.jpg
    EM ws.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 1,426
  • EM 2 ws.jpg
    EM 2 ws.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 1,426
  • EM 3 ws.jpg
    EM 3 ws.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 1,425
  • EM 4 ws.jpg
    EM 4 ws.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 1,426
Welcome Sirreal. Looks like you got a bargain there.
The chainset is first generation Chorus as well.
Nick

Cheers nammonk - and thanks for the id on the c/s, I'm new to all these high end parts (well - they were when I was in my 20's :) ). Starting to see the point of them now, riding in the Peak district with a 53/42 needs smooth changing before the revs drop! Bike rides really well too, and steers beautifully, brakes could do with better blocks though.

I think I'm going to cry... why haven't I seen any Corsa Extras for that sort of price!!!

Lovely bike, and welcome to the site...

Are the rims Wolber Profil? Same kind of grey as they were (not so dark as Mavic, maybe). Hard to tell from the pics.

No idea, stickers have been removed. Coating is a grey with a slight brown tint, and shiney, only Mavics I've ever had were darker, and satin rather than gloss. 2cm deep edge to centre. No matter, they track true and give a smooth, slightly firm, ride.

I'll give you £185 for it ;)

I saw this go actually, but missed the chance of getting a bid on in time. How bad is the scratching? The listing was so bad and unclear it was impossible to tell anything about it!

Surface grazing, no rust, not that bad imho and certainly not bad enough to justify a reprint. If I can match the colour then I'll probably do some touch up work.

Back