Late 70's/Early 80's Olympic Competitior

mikezs

Retro Newbie
My dad's old racing bike, which has been stored between our 2 sheds since we moved ~13 years ago. He had it from new and said that when the bottom bracket went (I could unscrew it by hand, and the grease was hard as a rock!) it had had a good run and was time to get a mountain bike.

See attached: What I got out from between our sheds!

Seems to be an Olympic Competitior (never heard of this before) so does anyone have any info on this?

I've currently got it stripped down to the frame and have started refurbishing the wheels (new bearings, tyres and inner tubes), cleaned up the bottom bracket and given it some new pedals.

I'm not looking to restore back to original, just have an old-school looking racer to occasionally go out on :)

Attachments

• IMG_1249_s.jpg
    IMG_1249_s.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 720
i like :D..

that should clean up real nice matey :).. bit of spit n polish (and of course various other chemicals lol) tape etc and bobs your uncle :) .. my clements was also my dads which i think makes em a bit more lovable/ridable :D

I'd take a punt on it being Raleigh built - I think I've seen a similar Olympic Sprint and I'm sure there was something on it that made me think "Raleigh".

Back