1983 Basso

tatra

Dirt Disciple
Greetings;
My 1983 Basso 'Lotto' that was a gift from my wife upon my retirement from the Forces and not ridden since 1988 due to MTB fever. I recently overhauled all bearings, touched up the frame in a few places, hence the lack of paint fade on the top tube. All components are 1983 vintage except for the tyres, rims, and spokes.
Regards

Frame : Basso 'Lotto'
Headset : Edco
Stem : Cinelli
Handlebar : Cinelli ' Campione del Mundo'
Brake Levers: Shimano '600'
Brake Calipers: Shimano '600'
Shifters : Campag 'Record'
Front Mech : Campag. 'Record'
Rear Mech : Zeus '2000"
Gear Block : Shimano 'Dura-Ace'
Cranks : Campag. 'Record'
Bottom Bracket: Nadax
Pedals : Campag. 'Record'
Rims : Mavic 'Open Sport'
Hubs : Campag. 'Record' Front/Shimano 'Dura-Ace HF Rear
Tyres : Vredestein 'Tri-Comp'
Seat Pin : Zeus 'Gran Sport'
Saddle ; Regal
Extras : Silca 'Impero' Pump

Attachments

• BILD0008.JPG
    BILD0008.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 2,573
  • BILD0005.JPG
    BILD0005.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 2,573
  • BILD0002.JPG
    BILD0002.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 2,573
Colourfull looker. Composed with a lot dedication. How does it ride?

tatra
Nice looking bike.
Any chance of any more photo's, I've just picked up the remnants of a Basso from my local tip and I'm trying to get a better picture of what it might have looked like.
This is new to me and I'm struggling why I have Campag cranks on a Shimano bottom bracket. I've a fluted seatpost which means the bike could be older than I thought which could match with the 6-spd freewheel. But I'm not sure about the tubed Mavic rims.
Any insight appreciated
thanks

Cheers Faint;
The frameset was purchased at Brugelmanns in Frankfurt, however all the components were purchased separately in other locations. From what I recall the Lotto's were equipped with full Campagnolo which then and now I could not afford.
I'm 6'5" and suspect the larger frame sizes were built using Columbus SPX because the ride is quite stable and responsive. As per your request I've attached more photo's. Good luck with your build, regards
Carl

Attachments

• BILD0003.JPG
    BILD0003.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 2,499
  • BILD0004.JPG
    BILD0004.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 2,499
  • BILD0006.JPG
    BILD0006.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 2,499
  • BILD0009.JPG
    BILD0009.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 2,499
Very nice, I've always liked a Yellow and Green colour scheme.

Eclectic mix of components which is fine by me. It's how we used to put bikes together BITD, you bought what you wanted (or could afford!) rather than slavishly follow the 'groupset' concept. The Zeus mech is quite rare to see fitted.

My thanks to the kind people here who have complimented my Basso. In my humble opinion RetroBike is the non plus ultra Internet cycling site!
Regards

Thats a beauty. The only one thing I would change is the tyres. Some skinwalls would make it perfect. But what do I know, my old nag runs on michelin service course tyres...

Back