Reduced - Rare Ken Bird frameset.

roadking

Senior Retro Guru
Thinning out my collection of unrestored frames, this rare Ken Bird TT frameset features, but first thing is that not only is this a rare frame but I've not seen lugs like this on a Ken Bird before -

lovely lugs
shot in seat stays
Chainstay bridge - none
vertical rear dropouts
extensively lightened BB shell
128mm/130mm rear end.

Braze ons include over the BB cable run to rear mech, pair bottle bosses, pair gearlever bosses, top tube brake cable bosses.

Size - tt = 21.5 inches c2c, st = 21 & 1/4 inches, technically very good but slight crush on driveside chainstay, cosmetically challenged paint though - not rusty and pitted. Would make a very nice, very rare bicycle when restored.

I always struggle to load images here on RB, so pm me your email if genuinely interested and I'll send some.

£175.00.

Jon.

P.S not been around much of late, spent first quarter of year in Spain and Brother been very ill in London hospital - improving now.

Re:

True...but Alec was the frame builder and Ken built wheels although they never got on.

I take it the decal is missing? 27.2mm seatpost?

Re: Re:

sawston_vulcan":325geggl said:
True...but Alec was the frame builder and Ken built wheels although they never got on.

I take it the decal is missing? 27.2mm seatpost?

I know the history, used to bump into Alec occasionally and I know Ken's son. The frame is as I bought it, no decals but has a very low two digit BBC frame number.

And yes, it takes a 27.2 post.

Jon.

Re: FS - Rare Ken Bird TT frameset.

Hi Jon

Sorry to hear your brother hasn't been well but glad he's on the mend.

It's too small for me but would like to see some pics just to have a look as it's my era :). Could I be cheeky and ask for some pics to shaunwhitehead@aol.com.

Thanks

Shaun

Midlife":3a4g4ez2 said:
Hi Jon

Sorry to hear your brother hasn't been well but glad he's on the mend.

It's too small for me but would like to see some pics just to have a look as it's my era :). Could I be cheeky and ask for some pics to shaunwhitehead@aol.com.

Thanks

Shaun

Happy to Shaun.

Brother was rushed into a London A & E and was diagnosed with Pleurisy...a few ops and many tests but getting better thanks.

Jon.

Hi Jon,. Thanks for the pics. Classy frame and shouldn't last long.

Lugs very Mercian Superlight....ish

Regards,. Shaun

Midlife":21u6uiu8 said:
Hi Jon,. Thanks for the pics. Classy frame and shouldn't last long.

Lugs very Mercian Superlight....ish

Regards,. Shaun

Yes, well spotted.

I've seen this lug on a Eau de Nil painted Superlight on the web.

Jon.

Back