Dura-Ace 8spd + classic frames (Bottecchia, Pinarello etc

stuartAJ

Dirt Disciple
I have decided (OK, been told!) that 3 classic bikes sat in the garage, with just one being used each year is a waste of space and Money, so I've decided to let two go, either complete or for parts.

Frames: Pinarello in Columbus GPX, purchased new by me in the early 90s (I still have the receipt from Dauphin Sport) I'll check but I think I paid £330 inc Campag Headset.
Superb frame but now showing age in its paintwork (pearlescent white), some scratches and now some rust around lug edges. Chrome (forks and chainstay) has rust spots. Perfectly useable but ideal if you want to restore a beautiful Pinarello frame. This was my racing frame.
£200?

Bottecchia: Columbus SL (actually lighter than the Pinarello) again, bought new by me, probably mid 90s. Used and my Spring/Autumn frame. Totally restored by me about 2 years ago, re-enameled in black with perfect chrome forks. Decals from Ciclo-Mondo finished in the style of the Bottecchia SCIC team. (was orginally a Bottecchia 989). Superb condition, no scratches etc that I am aware of
£250

Diamant / Moser: This is a Diamant frame, again purchased new by me circa 1990 (Deeside Cycles?) and used as my winter training bike. Unknown tubing, not particularly light, but built to correct angles & clearances. Re-enamelled and decals to look like an early Moser (light to mid blue), excellent (unmarked) condition. no chrome. £180

All frames are 59 or 60cm c-t seattube. I can give

All bikes are equipped with either Dura-Ace 7402 8 speed, or some components in Shimano 600, Dura-Ace 7410 chainet, cinelli bars & stems etc.

All bikes can be Eroica ready very easily.

If you're interested in frames, complete bike, or parts, pls PM me for photos etc

I will use one of these for the Eroica in Tuscany in October.

Re:

All sound nice, apart from the fake Moser.

But all too new for eroica, aren't they? I thought the cut off was '87?

Stand to be corrected on that, are they relaxed about the rules?

Glws anyway

Mike

Re:

You are correct, they say the cutoff is '87, however they openly state they allow any steel frame manufactured to classic style.

I cant tell the difference between an '87 and a '90 frame... can you? Unless you send the frame number to the manufacturer I doubt there is any difference or way of verifying.

I openly state the Moser is a replica, I certainly do not intend to represent it as the real thing, however it looks great and more importantly, it actually rides beautifully. It is about 300g heavier than the Columbus GPX Pinarello.

2. Heroic reproduction bikes will only be permitted
Steel frame new construction with vintage look and characteristics may be used if they are assembled using vintage components or replicated parts similar to the original.

Cut'n'paste from Eroica website

Re:

I wasn't being anal, I'd love to ride my '90 Gitane, but thought it was too new.
I think generally, the paint job if original, would be telling. That's if the eroica bods wanted to be strict. Though from your link, clearly they don't.

The end

Mike

Re:

Hi, I'm interested in the Bottecchia frame. I will send a pm to understand the current situation and request photos.

Apologies to the (many) people who have sent PM's / emails.

I really picked the wrong time to post on the forum as I am madly busy at work and have therefore struggled to take any photos / engage in discussions. I will attempt to get back to each of you when things calm down.

Back