Campagnolo Chorus 1st Generation Groupset VGC

Tamandua

Retro Guru
Selling my Chorus groupset, which I put together piece by piece. I'm pretty sure its all 1st gen as I've cross referenced against Velobase as well as a I can. Anyone who's better versed in Campag then please feel free to comment!

Consists of:
Friction Shifters
Front Derailleur
Rear Derailleur
Chainset (53/39)
Bottom Bracket
Monoplanar Calipers
Brake Levers

I also have the seatpost and would prefer to keep it but may consider selling if its a deal breaker.

Its all in very good / excellent condition - the Monoplanars have the original tyre guide covers and adjuster o-rings intact, and quite rare for these have no corrosion to the conical nuts.

The cranks are in beautiful condition, very minor heel rub - first time I've seen a component this old that still has the original polished gleam. It comes with the original bottom bracket it was paired to . Lighter than my Chorus 10 speed cranks.

Pictured here on my Pinarello which is now running 10 speed Chorus hence the sale. The derailleur in particular is worth pointing out as not only beautiful but also an awesome design: 1. - you can take it to pieces for servicing and 2. it is adjustable to allow you to run it across a wider range of gears (see this article for more info http://campagnolodelta.blogspot.co.uk/2 ... lleur.html ) - in fact I was running it with a 9 speed cassette here and it worked fine.

Not sure how to price this, the only priced ad I can find on lfgss was with wheels for £450 so I'll start with £290 for the lot. Collection from Bristol or happy to post at cost. . Going for more than this on ebay in worse condition, but let me know if I'm way off.

If anyone's interested let me know and I'll get more pictures with the SLR from work tomorrow.

cheers

Hi,

I am new here, since I usually commit myself to German rennrad-news.de forum, lots of references there. Would raise my hand for 250 GBP excluding the seatpost.

Does that sound fair? Looking forward to your kind reply.

Best

Axel

Back