Exceltoo tandem drum brake hub

MarkS

Old School Hero
I have been told this maybe from the 1940's

Wheel size 26 x 1 3/8, Rigida Superchromix rim

Chrome is in good condition for something this age.

It was on a trike conversion, but I have now fitted two centre pull brakes, so no need for a drum brake.

I don't know anything else about the history of the trike it was taken off. The previous owner had it serviced regularly; the wheel runs true

Based in Shropshire/West Midlands, possible delivery for the cost of fuel.

Make me an offer, not after silly silly money, would rather it went to someone who who needs it more than me.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    112.1 KB · Views: 696
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    117.5 KB · Views: 697
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    100.2 KB · Views: 700
Hi Dave

Still available

Despite putting it on eBay, as well as on here, no one else has messaged me apart from you

OK, do you know if it is true, and are the spokes tandem thickness?

either way, what would you like for it?

Dave

Don't know about spoke thickness, I have a vernier gauge, but not very accurate, so couldn't really take the measurement that precisely.

Never spun the wheel to be honest, but the trike had been well maintained before I had it. The cotterpins came out easily, bottom bracket and hubs on the trike axle were packed with grease, so someone had looked after it okay.

The reason for the trikes sale was old age of the rider, not because it had been in an accident or anything.

As regards price, I don't know. I'm sorry if that's a cop out answer; Eroica has caused second hand prices to go silly; I sold another piece of kit to a chap in America, and he paid way over the odds because he wanted the piece, even bough it was broken.

Did I put it on eBay at too high a price? I have no idea.

How's does £50 sound?

Hi, I would agree that Eroica has pushed up prices, but sadly not my income....could stretch to £35 or £40 if posted. Sounds cheapskate but the NHS pushes us hard in terms of pay. There are so many top end bikes I would love, but will never get, so I just play around for fun at the bottom end...

Dave

Back